Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 125

Ozstatman, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 472 473 474 (475) 476 477 478 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
That Mayfair does look nice. I noticed it's missing the fender scoops on the rear though. Interior is really nice, door panels are original, I don't think the upholstery is. I don't know what the fabric was supposed to be for '53, but the red looks suspicious to me. But the cream leather on the seat tops and piping is correct.

I also noticed the tires are larger than mine. I didn't realize that the Mayfair used 8.00x16 rather than 7.60x16. I have to say I like the look of the larger tires filling the wheel wells.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/11/9 19:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Red/maroon fabric is correct with the ivory leather. That fabric had a very plain weave.

Posted on: 2023/11/9 21:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
By 53 the louvers were something the dealers added for extra flair.

Posted on: 2023/11/9 21:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As BigKev said, the louvers which were a 1952 item, were always added later on the Mayfair. I seem to recall seeing them in the accessory brochure but I don't recall if that was for 1952 models other than the Patrician which came with them or if they were also in the 1953 brochure.

UPDATE: I take back what I just said. Although there does not appear to be a 1953 Accessory brochure here, the louvers are clearly shown on the Mayfair and the Convertible in the model brochure.

The 1955 Constellation seems a great project as it appears to be solid and all there.

Posted on: 2023/11/9 22:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Ross - thanks, I wasn't sure about the weave. I assumed it would have been a more interesting pattern/weave like is seen in the '54 hardtops. Couldn't find any samples of the '53 fabric in my search.

BigKev and Don - the model brochure is what threw me off. They are clearly on the car there. So apparently what was printed in the brochures isn't exactly what ended up on the production models. Wouldn't be the first time.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/11/9 23:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
That 55 Clipper Deluxe has been on the market probably a whole year now. I think they were originally asking $25k.

Posted on: 2023/11/10 0:18
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Craigslist in WA

1954 Pacific - Original paint and interior. Paint is two tone green, in fair condition. Interior looks to be in decent condition from the small amount that can be seen. No major rust issues reported. 359 engine with apparent low compression possibly requiring a rebuild. Looks like a great candidate for restoration and a great price at $2400.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/d/seattle-1954-packard/7684774205.html

For the same price you can get a 1951 300 touring sedan in much worse shape. Apparently it was drug out of "storage". Chrome is all shot, lots of surface rust on the body, expect to find the floorboards shot. $2500.
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/d/lynden-barn-find-1953-packard-straight/7686390823.html

Posted on: 2023/11/10 21:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1954 Pacific is VERY tempting, especially as it's so near my shop! I am really fighting the urge as this same car has been for sale off and on for years. If the seller were to write that they would deliver it for free, I would buy it so I don't dare ask!

Posted on: 2023/11/10 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fred might let Wat have a Pacific, but the timing is terrible ATM.

Posted on: 2023/11/11 15:58
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I finally gave up resisting and emailed the person about the 1954 Pacific but haven't heard back. That's probably a good thing!

Posted on: 2023/11/13 12:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 472 473 474 (475) 476 477 478 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved