Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: new to packards and have a lot of questions please help
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
howard one more thing how in the heck do the rear drums come off i have the castle nut and cotter pin out i see the key-way but can not get the key-way to slide out or get the drum to slide off is it froze???? or is there something i am missing

Posted on: 2012/9/24 9:09
AL
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not to jump in on HH but I see he's not online at the moment. You'll need a drum puller. If you browse the forum a bit you'll find MANY posts on this topic with pictures of the various pullers folks have used, and some tricks for drums which prove stubborn to remove.

Attach file:

jpg  (8.10 KB)
177_50606cbc8842f.jpg 271X300 px

Posted on: 2012/9/24 9:15
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
ohhhhhhhh ok so im doing it right and there is not something im missing i just need a finger puller

Posted on: 2012/9/24 9:22
AL
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If by a finger puller you mean one that grips the outside rim of the drum, NO!, you'll break the drum. See the picture I added above to my earlier post. You must have a puller that attaches to the wheel lug pattern.

Posted on: 2012/9/24 9:24
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
got it i can make one of them easy enough thank you

Posted on: 2012/9/24 9:28
AL
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

roger heckmann
See User information
purchased a 1924 packard model 136 roadster in dallas texas in march, trying to find history on it, any suggestions? one of the former owners in 1977 was tom lyte. car was restored but in garage for at least 27 years, needs work on paint but runs great.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 19:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Roger,
to PackardInfo. Some avenues of investigation for former owners would be the Roster Keepers of PAC and PI for the year Packard in question, that's if former owners were members of those organisation. Or closer to home the local Packard Club at Dallas. And I invite you to include your '24 136 Roadster in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo! Also I think your post and responses thereto deserves a thread of their own, maybe our Webmaster BigKev can perform some technological magic to make that happen? And that way it'll keep Al's thread devoted to his Clipper.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 23:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
hello my new freinds, ok i found a master cylender rebuild kit on e bay. so a took apart my power brake unit booster and master last night. looks to be a walk in the park to rebuild the unit ill update you all after i get it done. but how ever i also took a booster and master from a 88 ford festeva that looks like would be a easy swap to make it fit if mine dont turn out so well that might be alternative

Posted on: 2012/9/26 8:31
AL
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Read thru some of the BTV threads for experiences with rebuilds. There are some things to watch out for since the vacuum is directly connected to the hydraulic section.

The condition of the piston, the bore where the seal goes, and the relief port and gasket issue need to be checked. A bad part anywhere in that area and your fluid can wind up on the vacuum side. The compensator valve and seat is the big one though. Speculation has been that a failure in sealing that little blob of rubber is the reason so many BTV's have caused issues.

You might also want to read up on the pedal ratio issue and things you might have to do to make your modern unit work if you are planning to mount it in the same location as the BTV.

Posted on: 2012/9/26 8:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

AL HIZER
See User information
well guys and girls,,,,,,,, i ordered a rebuild kit for the master and booster.(AND IT WORKS GREAT) it was like a walk in the park. so if any one needs one done let me know lol. but now im lost on a nother problem. so the fuel line that comes out of the tank. is in the middle of the tank so that means its has to be 1/2 full to get any fuel??????. is there a tube on the inside of the tank that shoots it down to the bottom of the tank.???? so now i ran a line to the drain plug thats in the middle and bottom of the tank with a filter. and pluged the other one off... it works but i know its not right is there something that im missing on this????

Posted on: 2012/10/8 9:44
AL
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved