Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Re: Sorry guys, this is gonna pi$$ you off!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Troy
See User information
I sort of feel a bit like a child here fellas. It really had nothing to do with any negative comments, including those from packprince. To be crticized is to be noticed. I was just beginning to feel as if I really was'nt able to contribute much in the way of this being informative to this tremendous site. Kind of like going on the HAMB and spouting the dreaded "rat rod" term. If it were not for you find gentlemen, I never would have even gotten this fine automobile running. It's a bit like using your vast knowledge and returning something of little use to you. I truly appreciate mixed emotions and honesty from everyone, it is really the best way to define yourself.

At any rate, it will be a few months before I am able to begin working on "Pattie Packard" again. I probably will not have any updates until after the first of the year. If there is any information I can share, you can gaurentee that I will.

Maybe by the next post I'll even throw in a picture of my heavily chopped and dropped 46' Ford P/U (with 39' standard coupe front sheetmetal) Street - Strip truck

Posted on: 2008/9/29 18:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

OldGold wrote:......I was just beginning to feel as if I really was'nt able to contribute much in the way of this being informative to this tremendous site.......If it were not for you find gentlemen, I never would have even gotten this fine automobile running. It's a bit like using your vast knowledge and returning something of little use to you. I truly appreciate mixed emotions and honesty from everyone, it is really the best way to define yourself.

..........I probably will not have any updates until after the first of the year. If there is any information I can share, you can gaurentee that I will.

Maybe by the next post I'll even throw in a picture of my heavily chopped and dropped 46' Ford P/U (with 39' standard coupe front sheetmetal) Street - Strip truck

OldGold,

ALL contributions are welcome and they come in many forms. Much of yours is in sharing the wonderful work on the Packard and your passion in doing it.

I'm glad you're guaranteeing your continued presence on the Site and look forward to future updates as your Packard progresses. Show us the pic/s of the '46 Ford P/U because if it's on wheels I'm interested.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 20:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
hope we didn't run this guy off.

ebay link

Posted on: 2008/10/25 22:59
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Times are tough, and people are needing money. I've been there several times myself. Problem is, when I tried to sell my '49 Hudson Commodore sedan turned pickup, no one was interested in it. Once you cut up a car it narrows your prospective buyer list to a mere handful, most who are in the same financial situation as you are. The car is cool, I'd personally like to have it, but I like many others don't have the means to buy it.

Moral of the story is, an original car will be worth more to more people than a modified car. It takes a buyer interested in a modified car to want one, and they're few and far between.

Posted on: 2008/10/25 23:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Is this the same car for sale on Ebay as Eric said custom and projects are a hard to sell item. Was looking forward to seeing project completed .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chopped-1952-Packard-rat-rod-kustom-ledsled-project_W0QQitemZ270292719198QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted on: 2008/10/25 23:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
That has to be the same car and it is a shame he didn't get to finish it. One of the few times I liked a "custom". This fellow has some skills and imagination. I hope he does all right.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 0:06
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Troy
See User information
That's right guys. It is my Packard. Fact is, I do not need to sell it. I priced the car to reflect that. I have other projects I would like to direct my attention towards and if it sells, great. If not, It will be finished. I hate selling a car before done, but at some point you realize someone may enjoy the style but not have the capabilities to complete the difficult work. This for them is their opportunity. I already have a great deal of questions from people on the listing and a couple are interested in me finishing some more detail work for them. Believe me I will not be giving ths away.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 6:24
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

todd jordan rayner
See User information
good job

Posted on: 2009/4/6 3:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Where is this car now?

Posted on: 2010/2/5 21:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The answer is in another thread which I can't find right now but believe it was in Arizona without drivetrain and perhaps will never be finished. Hopefully the person who knows will see this thread before it disappears and answer with details again.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved