Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 250

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 20 »

Re: GearRat's '52
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Inspirational work, Garrett!

Posted on: 2013/2/27 18:41
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Thank you Joey!

Glad to hear from you, it has been a while. How's your '48 coming along?

Today I took the muffler off of my car because I'm thinking of running a better flowing one. There might be old mouse nests in there obstructing the flow, and I want a little more noise. Also I couldn't resist starting the car up with a straight pipe! Sounded awesome but, it wasn't nearly as loud as I was expecting. Ordered a carburetor kit from Mike's today as well.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/2/27 19:44
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Lookin' good! I had a heck of a time using a flux welder. You are fairing better than I am!

Posted on: 2013/2/27 20:27
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

Carburetor rebuild kit came in today and I just got finished making the final adjustments. I'll be putting her on the car tomorrow and dialing it in. The old accelerator pump was bad, it didn't make a seal anymore. I'm hoping for a big difference as far as throttle response and power. Before, you couldn't go into the accelerator too fast because the engine would either hesitate or die.

Let's hope for the best!

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/3/2 0:04
Garrett

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Garrett,

You should have a big improvement in throttle response and driveability! You're doing a great job, keep it up.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 3:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

There seems to be a little hesitation upon quick acceleration but, it runs a lot better. Took her out for a spin tonight and had FUN! Drove around parts of the neighborhood I hadn't before and drove much further as well. Stopped at the local Dollar General to let my older brother take the reins, and an older gentleman came up to check out the car and share some stories. He was glad to know that there are still people who understand what carburetors are.

I love that this car can help me connect with people. It sparks interest and nostalgia with folks, and that is something priceless. Getting to hear these stories that otherwise wouldn't be told is making me realize I did the right thing buying this car, and there are still so many stories to be told. Anyways, car ran pretty good, more power, better response. The new flasher (Napa 535) works great and operates the indicator on the instrument panel just fine. Can't wait to get out on the "REAL" streets!

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/3/2 20:54
Garrett

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The new flasher (Napa 535) works great and operates the indicator on the instrument panel just fine.

Interesting. I wonder why some have said their flashers worked but the indicator didn't with the 535 -- yet yours works. Did you keep the positive ground?.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 21:17
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
The new flasher (Napa 535) works great and operates the indicator on the instrument panel just fine.

Interesting. I wonder why some have said their flashers worked but the indicator didn't with the 535 -- yet yours works. Did you keep the positive ground?.

Hey Howard,

Yes kept it positive ground and it works pretty well. Other than having new wiring it is all the same.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/3/2 21:31
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
GearRat52 Quote:
(snip) Stopped at the local Dollar General to let my older brother take the reins, and an older gentleman came up to check out the car and share some stories. He was glad to know that there are still people who understand what carburetors are.

I love that this car can help me connect with people. It sparks interest and nostalgia with folks, and that is something priceless. Getting to hear these stories that otherwise wouldn't be told is making me realize I did the right thing buying this car and there are still so many stories to be told. (snip)

Garrett:

IMO, you've discovered the diamond at the center of Packard-dom. To wit: connecting with people, hearing and telling Packard stories. That's the #1 enjoyment that I get out of owning and DRIVING my Packard -- although there are many other pleasures.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/3/2 23:02
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
There seems to be a little hesitation upon quick acceleration but, it runs a lot better.

First thing to check is for vacuum leaks. Distributor vacuum advance control unit diaphragm is a common problem on cars this old.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 23:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 20 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved