Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 235

64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

HUrricane Sandy
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Prayers and God speed with those of u in the east coast area.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 9:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: HUrricane Sandy
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for the thoughts and concern. Looks like northeastern NJ/NYC is pretty much in the direct path, but we've had a lot worse winds w/o loosing power here and with most leaves already off the trees, perhaps we'll be lucky again. And I'm on relatively high ground so no concern about flooding.

I watch with curiousity the panic buyers. Couldn't get near a gas station yesterday, back to normal today. I see folks leaving markets with all the milk, bread, water and batteries they can cram into two or 3 carts - maybe they're buying for an apartment house but I doubt it.

One of the last local car shows of the season is today but I decided to stay home, get as many leaves off the lawn before they get wet, and watch the Giants & Jets. It would probably 90% new Mustangs & Camaros anyway, if I want to see one I could go to a showroom.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 10:35
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hopefully everyone is ok and staying dry and warm.. I tried calling several of the guys this morning that live in the affected areas (from Maryland north) and so far only was able to make contact with Randy in Pittsburgh. They were not affected.

But no answer in Maryland, or the phones in New Jersey. But I think the fact the power is currently out to over 7 million people is keeping folks out of communication range.

Posted on: 2012/10/30 9:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Southwestern Connecticut was hit with high winds, a storm surge and plenty of downed trees and power lines.... And we were not even in the direct path of the hurricane. The utility crews are scrambling to repair the downed lines but it looks like it will be days before things are restored to normal. I commute daily into New York City but there is no train service yet and the outlook is not good. The subway tunnels in New York are flooded and it will take a while to get the entire system repaired so they will be opening certain lines as the track and signal systems are reviewed and repaired. Schools in our area of Connecticut are closed at least until Wednesday but based on what I saw when driving around town and by Long Island Sound, it looks like it will be longer.

The good thing is most people took appropriate precautions and are safe, even though they are without power. No kids playing on computers for a couple of days is probably good! My 1940 160 is being worked on in Ridgefield, about 20 miles from here, inside and safe from wind and rain.

Posted on: 2012/10/30 15:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
My parents live in Broad Channel, one of the costal communities of NYC. Thank God my parents evacuated and went to stay with freinds in another neighborhood. They had about 4 feet of salt water in the first floor of their home, and the extent of the damage is not known at this point. Hopefully the structure of the house is intact, and only the first floor will have to be completely gutted and rebuilt. Talking to family there really hits home, and I wish all effected the strength to hang in there, get over the shock of loosing most or all of their homes, and the power to rebuild. I also hope insurance and federal aid will help to get the town settled again. I know it will be needed.
Take care everybody. -Mike

Posted on: 2012/10/30 16:19
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Notice none of our regulars from the NJ area have been on so they must be suffering thru power problems. O_D said he was on high ground but were any of the vendors or that large show car collection in the areas hardest hit?

Posted on: 2012/10/31 10:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I tired to call Dave yesterday, put his phone just rang and rang.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 10:50
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
The RI coast got hit pretty good, but I'm about 20 miles inland - just some small limbs down.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 11:53
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Kevin

OD is fine. Stopped by late yesterday afternoon and enjoyed some hospitality by Coleman lamp. I live across from a school and a school board office so I got my power back petty quickly.

Things in NYC and Southern NJ pretty bad

Best

John Harley

Posted on: 2012/10/31 12:13
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Good to hear you Gents are doing fine!

Posted on: 2012/10/31 12:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved