Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 210

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Nathaniel T. Dawes on American Pickers!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Has anyone read his book

Nat's book sold widely and with excellent reviews at the time, I refer to it a couple of times a month and it's still a very relevant resource for the postwar era, though not of the scope of the Kimes-edited work. The appendeces at the end are quite good and often easier to find information in than other sources. You might go to the "Packard Bookshelf" under the Main Menu and read the short review of it.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 23:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
I have known Nat for many years. Yes his is the first V8 Packard built. serial # 1001. He says that a Texas car should have the horns. Great guy. I wish I had known he had that Pegasus. Regards, John

Posted on: 2013/1/23 6:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
5588-1001 is the first 55 Caribbean built, not the first 1955 V8 Packard built.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 9:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Quote:
5588-1001 is the first 55 Caribbean built, not the first 1955 V8 Packard built.
Interesting. I just watched the show last night and I could have sworn he claimed it was the first V8 Packard built. Maybe I heard him wrong and missed the Caribbean part.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 15:12
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
He did say that but I'm sure he misspoke and he knows better. The Caribbeans were not the first 1955 models down the production line in 1955. I have emailed him on another question, when we get in touch I'll ask him about that.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 15:42
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

kat
See User information
I love the porcelain Packard sign he had over the door. My husband has a 60 inch sign.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 21:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Kat,
to PackardInfo.

Hopefully, besides the sign, you and your husband have a Packard or Packards? If so, I invite you to include it/them in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/1/26 0:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The letters that the Pickers bought from Nat and Helen brought back memories. I was at the national meet in Baltimore where Nat found them. The hotel was changing brands and the letters had been lowered many stories to the ground. The hotel manager let Nat have what he wanted and he piled them into the Caribbean every which way and drove them back to New York. I'll never forget him driving off like the beverly hillbillies and waving farewell. Great Packard people.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 16:38
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

eppyranch
See User information
Nathaniel
Hi My name is Mark Epstein I have these wire wheels on my avocado farm in California
I saw you on my favorite show American pickers I found some very old wire wheels can you please give me a call directs at 818-207-1111

Sincerely
Mark Epstein
Executive Producer
818-207-1111
eppyranch@yahoo.com
ME/cb

Packard Motor Car Company (4) Wire Wheels From the 1930s

Posted on: 2013/2/28 0:11
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

donaldo88
See User information
I heard it the same way as you. First V8 Packard, I didn't remember anything about Caribbean.
Sad that Packard stepping up to OHV V-8 only a few years after Cadillac and Olds didn't save them. I've never had a Packard, but remember my Uncle Ben had maybe a 53 Packard, and while he always had big cars, he later had to settle for Olds 98 then had a couple of Imperials before he passed.
He was my favorite uncle, sort of a bigger-than-life guy as they say. Family story was that he took a load of wheat to town and instead of bringing a check home to grandpa, he brought home a yellow Buick convertible, sometime in the 1920's.

Posted on: 2017/3/19 11:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved