Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 211

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Hello to all
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It looks to be a fairly decent car. Mechanically, the suspension usually has very few problem--mostly electrical.

The 55's had a 20 amp fuse that is marginal with age so it could be as simple as that. Brake light switch is a known issue and if the owner used silicone fluid probably a good bet. Control box, solenoids, limit switch all available and reasonable.

Mechanically, the worst case is a limit switch failed and the bars and gearbox sustained some damage, but parts available and not too terrible, so all in all if the car hasn't been wrecked, nothing is a serious show stopper with suspension--just needs ingenuity sometimes.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 10:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Thanks! I really like this thing..i am going to put an offer of 9,000 for it. The vin is 55826681

Posted on: 2008/10/26 11:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
just remember...don't settle on anything. if you wanted a 2 door to begin with get a 2 door. if it doesn't matter as long as it is a Packard then go for it. hopefully the only problem with that car is the fuse or something electrical. there are trouble shooting guides you can follow right here on the site that will help and have helped me quite a bit.

i am a 2 door kinda guy myself. if you want a 2 door, your choices are (in your price range it seems) clipper panama, clipper constellation, packard 400. Caribbean is pretty pricey.

if i had to go with the 4 door, the patrician is the only one i would go with.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 12:41
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
I would agree..the patrician is very sharp, and this one is a good deal..for me at least, the caribbean is WAYYYY out of the question, though it is very very cool. I would hope that this is a easy fix, but if it needs to be fixed i dont have a problem with it, i am just excited to bring it to a new home and enjoy it..now lets just hope they take my offer.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 12:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Morgan, if you're not totally set on a V8 car, this one seems like a good deal: 1954 Convertible

Posted on: 2008/10/26 19:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
YAY!! I AM A PACKARD OWNER...settled at 9900 for the patrician. Feels good to own one of these beautiful cars. I will post good pics and register when the car gets down to me.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 22:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
congrats!

i agree that that 54 caribbean would be great! if i had the money i would buy it, especially for what a restored version is now going for.

sadly i do not have the money.....;0(

Posted on: 2008/10/26 22:49
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Morgan wrote: YAY!! I AM A PACKARD OWNER.........I will post good pics and register when the car gets down to me.

Morgan,

Congratulations, looks like a real nice car.
And in advance for the Owner Registry and pic's.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 23:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Yes me too..the money and time that caribbian could be a great example...but...I wanted somthing I could jump into with requiring as little work as possible, i do need to figure out whats up the the suspension, other than that it looks clean. I am a car appraiser and this is going to be cool pulling up to my jobs with other classic cars.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 23:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Morgan wrote:....... i do need to figure out whats up the the suspension, other than that it looks clean.....

Morgan,

I note in the ad for your Pat it said "The load leveling suspension is not working. I believe this is due to the paint applied during the restoration, but cannot be sure without access to a lift and someone more knowledgeable of the system than I." As others said earlier in the piece, there are a number of people here who will be able to help with advice, and Hank's Project Blog will give you a working guide as well.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 23:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved