Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 78

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

First Time Posting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Hello All:

I'm finally taking the plunge. I have been sitting on the sidelines for about 6 months viewing all the interesting and informative posts on this site. This is really a gem. So, a little bit about me. I have lived in the Chicago area since 1987 but grew up in Detroit. I have been a Packard owner since 1979 when I was in college (Wayne State Univ). At that time I purchased a 1937 120 touring sedan. I still have this car and it's finally in the midst of restoration. About time after almost 30 yrs eh? Well, that's a story for another time. I'm sure some will relate.

In 1999, frustrated not having a driveable Packard, I found a nice 1953 Caribbean. It's strictly a driver that the family has enjoyed for the last 9 years. I am the 3rd owner and have a little history on the car. California car until I got it. It has 130K on the odometer. Looks like it had a repaint around 1980. Seats were redone in naugahyde around 1968 I think. I am pretty much maintaining this car as a survivor. Can't really call it an original but it does have a nice petina. You sure don't see another on cruise nights !

Anyway, that's an introduction. I'll be tapping this font of endless Packard knowledge often.

Happy Packarding

Posted on: 2008/12/18 20:45
 Top  Print   

Re: First Time Posting
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Welcome to the website! Please feel free to join as much as you like.

Also if you have not already, can you please add both of your Packards to the Registry.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/12/18 20:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Pack120c: A Big Welcome to You.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/12/18 21:17
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks for the welcome BigKev. I will certainly register both cars. You may know something about the Caribbean. It is Matador Maroon with maroon and white interior. Formerly owned by Dr. Irwin Gullet from Oceanside,CA. He was a retired naval officer who passed away in late 1998/early 1999. Car was shipped to his son in Peoria, IL and I found it in Hemmings.

The car was in several Hollywood Christmas parades in the 1970's and 80's.

Any help researching history prior to Dr. Gullet or who may have worked on the car is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on: 2008/12/18 21:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks for the welcome John. I've enjoyed your Packard History thread this summer. This is a great site for a Packard junkie or anyone who has an interest in things automotive.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 21:29
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Caribbean
See User information
I remember this car for sale in the late 1990's, It looked like a great car, I remember watching the Hollywood Christmas parade in the 1980"s and mid 90's on TV and was freaked out to see qty. 4 1953 Caribbeans in it! Jimmy Stewart was on one of them and Charlton Heston on one of the others along with other stars, I do not know anything about the history prior to then on this car though but I recall the CA owner had it for quite awhile, take care

Posted on: 2008/12/18 22:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Maybe someone can help me. What's the trick to getting your car's picture in the owner's registry? I've put the information on but the picture does transfer over.

Thanks,

Pack120c

Posted on: 2008/12/18 22:38
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It has to be a JPG image, with a size of 1280x1024 or less. Anything other than that, it will simply discard the image.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 22:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome to the site Pack120c. This is a friendly and knowledgeable group. Glad to have you join us.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 23:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Pack120c wrote:......I'm finally taking the plunge........

G'day Pack120c,

to Packardinfo and the water's great in!
for putting your '53 Carib in the Registry and see you're having trouble with the pic but follow the advice given and you'll be right. Looking forward to seeing your '37 120 in there as well.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 4:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved