Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 166

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packards International magazine back issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I have virtually every issue from 1968 to 1976 and from 1995 to 2014 of the Packards International publication. I don't need to keep them forever, so please let me know if you want to buy any and we can work something out that's mutually agreeable. Nearly all issues are in excellent condition and I would tell you if a specific one is not.

Posted on: 1/4 18:27
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards International magazine back issues
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
....and my bookshelves are sagging with my PAC Cormorant magazines back into the 70's. I RARELY look at them. Have given away most of my duplicates at car events, just leaving them on folks front seats. Anybody looking for a collection?

Posted on: 1/4 20:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I’d be curious if I could find either of my cars in the classifieds (previous transaction dates 1967 and 1990) but other than that my shelves are pretty full…

THOUGH I wish I had known as I just bought some back issues from PAC. I’ll have to see if there’s anything else of interest, I could lighten your load a bit.

P. S. Do you drive or fly to Hershey?

Currently I am speeding thru my old PI issues. There’s some interesting articles and adverts I will scan for the forum. Such as an article of a presentation to the SAE in 1949 on the Ultramatic…

Posted on: 1/4 20:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

flackmaster wrote:
....and my bookshelves are sagging with my PAC Cormorant magazines back into the 70's. I RARELY look at them. Have given away most of my duplicates at car events, just leaving them on folks front seats. Anybody looking for a collection?

Hmmm, maybe . . . .

Posted on: 1/5 4:42
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
My collection of the Packard Cormorant magazine goes back to Spring 1972. These magazines are in red binders which were sold by Packards of Chicagoland.
This collection is for sale along with other Packard related publications. I'm open to offers.

Thanks

Posted on: 1/5 8:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
What’s the community thoughts on this? If I remove the 2 binding staples per magazine I can scan them in MUCH easier/quicker than without. But then they’re nearly worthless (even if I put each one in its own sleeve) as they will not easily go back on a shelf or be read.

Is it worth it? I assume the interest in having intact paper copies of these is pretty low.

Posted on: 1/5 21:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Depending on what you plan to do with the scans of a complete magazine, I would be careful. PI club probably still has copyrights on the older out of print volumes and like PAC, would most likely guard them.

Posted on: 1/5 21:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Yes, I don't particularly care about having a complete copy, it's just the 2-3 vintage Packard articles/ads per issue that would be nice to extract. But it would end up being over 100 pages to scan manually.

Posted on: 1/5 22:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:
Yes, I don't particularly care about having a complete copy, it's just the 2-3 vintage Packard articles/ads per issue that would be nice to extract. But it would end up being over 100 pages to scan manually.

Copyrights don't work like that. Just because you copy (extract) an article or two out of the magazine does not mean that article is any less copyrighted than the whole magazine. Artists and writers and publishers are entitled to own their own creations– no matter how this may look to those who don't create. If someone pirates a verse from a song, or a minute or two of a feature film, or a live performance... they are still pirating intellectual property that is protected under federal copyright laws.

It's like being a "little bit dead." It is always better to obtain official permission to use or otherwise copy materials, properties, works etc.

Ask anyone who has a web site or internet domain just how "free" all this stuff really is. This is a myth. The so-called "free internet" is not free for those who have to provide the "free" part...

Posted on: 1/6 2:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Mr Leeedy is absolutely correct as always. I work with intellectual property all the time and used to take down YouTube videos that used my material, even if only a snippet, when used without permission. Now, however, I encourage it as I get a little commission each time one of them is used and played! Not much for each but it adds up.

Posted on: 1/6 4:09
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved