Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
182 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 178

Packard Don, packardbill, DM37, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: someone please remove this temptation from me....
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
cli55er, the best investment is paying off your debts. Don't go to the dark side.

To show how frugal I am, the only coins I carry are pennies. At the end of the day, the rest of the change in my pocket is deposited in a large piggy bank. About once a year I take it to the bank and exchange all the accumulated change for paper money that goes into my "Earthquake Fund". It amounts to about $300. Plus, since I always have pennies I can pay in odd amounts and get nichols nickels, dimes and quarters in change, that go into the bank. Its a viscous vicious cycle.

(o{I}o)

Edited to correct spelling errors. Thanks, clipper47.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 11:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
cli55er, the best investment is paying off your debts. Don't go to the dark side.

Its a viscous cycle.

(o{I}o)

John, Good advice. Stay out of debt if at all possible but please explain the meaing of the term "viscous cycle". Does it have something to do with resistance to the the flow of money from your pocket(tax man etc.).

Posted on: 2010/4/19 12:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
I had a friend who used to buy cars and hide them from his wife at friends houses/properties.

It ended up costing him in the long run though. His alimony is extremely high.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 12:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
John, Good advice. Stay out of debt if at all possible but please explain the meaing of the term "viscous cycle". Does it have something to do with resistance of the flow of money from your pocket into the hands of the tax man etc.

Can't speak for JW but it has been my experience what when the tax man is concerned, resistance is futile. My downfall is usually some well designed web site featuring something in the tool dept I can't live without, a flashing beacon that says "buy me" and a severe case of "better buy it now because when I retire, can't afford it" -itis.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 12:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
My wife wishes they had never invented ebay!

Posted on: 2010/4/19 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Quote:

portlandon wrote:
I had a friend who used to buy cars and hide them from his wife at friends houses/properties.

The guy I bought my Packard from was like that. He had about 5 classic cars on the street. After we confirmed the sale, he offered to take us to his secret garage that has the cars his wife didn't know about! One was a beautiful 55-56 Packard.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 13:51
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Gerd, I am glad you "whispered " those words.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 15:10

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
YAY!!!! its gone!!!! wooohooo!!!!!

i beat you satan, you jerk!

LOL!!

now, who here bought it. LOL!

Posted on: 2010/4/19 15:46
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Just because we were on the topic of cheap Packards for sale check out this craigslist ad:http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/1667379258.html

They need some work but they're worth what she's asking as scrap metal. "1,300.00 OBO for the pair of Packards." Talk about a good deal!

Posted on: 2010/4/19 19:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I looked. I waited. I read posts. I waited. Somebody must want this thing. I phoned. The deal was done. Its coming to Maryland. It may be a sedan. It may be a pickup. But you can hardly buy sawdust for that price per pound. Gosh, I guess I'm that far out on the edge of the bell curve--but no one else in the WHOLE COUNTRY (beside our cli55er)wanted a running Packard with new tires for that money???

But your point and decision are excellent. Debt poisons everything and takes away your freedom. I could have some fun and take a chance on this baby because I slew that dragon years ago. I heartily recommend to never take on debt to buy toys. OK, I'll stop preaching now. Can't wait to get the pan off the Ultramatic and see what's wrong....

Posted on: 2010/4/19 20:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved