Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: June 2010 Hemmings Article packardinfo.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: Actually Hemmings has known about Packardinfo for some time. Back in November or December of 09 the web site of Hemmings did an article on lost car dealerships.

The author of the article gave a very nice mention of Packardinfo at that time and noted the list of Packard dealerships that is listed here.

It is nice to see Packardinfo to gain recognition that it deserves. You are very lucky to have had the help you did from a select few persons in the beginning. However your hard work and reaching out has made the site grow by leaps and bounds.

John S.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 20:47
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: June 2010 Hemmings Article on PackardInfo.com
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I was finally able to ready the article. I think it came over really well for the website, and covered many of the different features we have here. The only thing
I would have changed is that they credited me with all the effort behind the website, when in fact it was a group effort of everyone here that has donated time and content, and well as participated that has made the website what it is.

So everyone please take a bow!

Thanks folks!

Posted on: 2010/5/3 0:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
That Hemmings Motor News selected PackardInfo.com for a review sure sez a lot about this site.

Regardless of how well PackardInfo ranks among online search engines, HMN will reach a lot of people who may not have previously looked to the Interent for their Packard needs. Although I haven't read HMN regulary in years, I believe it is still the publication that newcomers to the old car hobby most often turn to when shopping for cars and restoration needs.

Yes, thanks to all who have helped make PackardInfo the great site that it is.

Thanks to BigKev, too, for having the foresight to give credit, by name, for donations of time and information. As a result, contributors get the recognition they deserve each time a visitor explores a feature.

Meanwhile, I am confident that, with continued help of so many generous members, this site will keep getting bigger and better.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 8:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
What I think is amazing is that this website seems to have become the center of Packardom to get advice and help for Packards. Congratulations on a wonderful review and your website.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 19:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Kev,

My congrats also!!! Some well deserved broad recognition has finally come your way.

Despite the fact that you're just a very young man, do you have the backup plan in place for that really bad scenario where you can't run the website for us one morning?

You have led the creation of an real treasure for those of us you follow the Packard marque. I'm sure none of us appreciate the man-hours you have given to this special project.

Thanks for all you do.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 6:49
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
MIke,

I had thought about that a lot. At some point I will need to put together a foundation to take it over, or perhaps I talk to the folks at the Proving Ground Foundation, or similar organization to take it over if I am not able to continue with it for whatever reason. I just don't have any contacts in those realms.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 10:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Mine arrived yesterday. It was written well and will do much for promotion of the brand in general.

Posted on: 2010/5/6 16:18
Nothing says "America" like pistons the size of coffee cans turning dead dinosaurs into hydrocarbons!
Deluxe 8 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
My Hemmings came earlier in the week, but I didn't see page 22 in my first thumb through. The 'logo' on the website alerted me to the article.

Nicely written. Very balanced and complimentary. I found it 'descriptive' of the Clubs without being critical. Actually, I think people will find it informative and positive.

Kev - I think you are unduly modest in your response to being credited with being the driving force behind the website. I appreciate all the ambassadors, members and people who respond, monitor, research, post, donate, welcome and banter with posters. BUT without your central vision, tech-know-how, front money, hall-monitoring, etc. ... it would not be here in cyber-Packard-space.

You are the ENGINE, CHASSIS, and DRIVE TRAIN. It would not move with out you.

You da' MAN, 'Big Kev'

DanL

Posted on: 2010/5/6 22:45
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I have to completely agree with Dan!

Kev, take a bow! You deserve it.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/5/6 22:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

Thanks for all you do on this great Site. Without you, your vision, tech know-how and dedication to building, maintaining and improving the Site, none of us would be able to contribute to, benefit from or just simply enjoy PackardInfo.

Specifically in regard to the Hemmings article, and you can probably confirm this, has there been a spike in PackardInfo membership since it was published? From my viewpoint, in relation to the Packard Owner's Registry, it certainly seems there has been an upsurge over the last 10 days.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 20:41
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved