Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 141

happy, DavidM, John Iaccino, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: might be buying 37 coupe, need input
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It would if it wasn't such a short wheelbase. I suppose you could put it on a Clipper, not use the hood, and move the fenders forward, as well as extend the running boards. I know I could make it work and look right.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 12:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well sense of adventure depends on the person.....so far restoring my 55 to 100% stock has been an adventure and i am sure it would be on this 37.

but, like i said i understand your view....i'm just not there myself.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:44
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
It would if it wasn't such a short wheelbase. I suppose you could put it on a Clipper, not use the hood, and move the fenders forward, as well as extend the running boards. I know I could make it work and look right.

So a 120 would work better because it's longer...and yes, I'm sure you could!

Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Well, you could use 120 fenders and hood on it, that'd probably work on a 122" wheelbase. With a little "adjustment", of course.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Given that you want to end up with a largely original car, I would strongly encourage you to wait.

Tom

Posted on: 2010/10/5 18:45
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Based on the asking price, I concur with Tom.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 19:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
As I have had 5 37 coupes, 4 Business like this one and one Sport Coupe There us actually very little trim that is for a coupe only. That being the door moldings.The body part that is hard to find is the trunk lid, and this car has one. All other trim parts can come from any 115C or a lot can come from a 120C like the grille and grille shell. Bumpers are easy I have some 115C bumpers laying around that would be cheap. Also an excellant grill shell I just picked up from NJ. The coupe I bought from WI a couple months back was a bit more money but it had a rebuilt motor in it and some body and chasis work done. So the money is in line. This paticular car has been for sale for quite a while I had called on it and passed on it, only because I like 120's. Shipping cars is not that bad to ship the 120 coupe from Wisconsin was 850 to Alabama. I got a quote yesterday to ship the 120 Limo 1900 miles to Wichita Kansas was 925.00. The company I use is called Carmoza.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 20:59
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Don,

How the heck do you find these cars so fast, literally I check eBay and searchtempest everyday and just now found this car yesterday and it was only posted just the 3rd.

maybe the best thing for me to do is to just stop looking and let everyone buy up the good ones, or buy the decent ones and hot rod the crap outa them, and leave me with the scraps. damn this can be so discouraging some days. others not so bad...today discouraging.

Can you tell me what the man said about the car and the questions you asked? And how long has it been posted??

Hank

Posted on: 2010/10/5 22:06
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I concur with Don. That car has been for sale for a long time and everyone else has passed on it. Why? Its a dog. That's precisely why everyone else has passed on it. If that is all you can afford, well, I hope you are immensely talented, or planning on winning the lottery, as the cost to restore is definitely an upside down proposition, unless you move the body to a cheap running sedan....and you might as well make it a 120 if you do that. Just this week I was offered a largely original, real sweet running, driving, shiny 1088 for around $17,500.
Pretty, pretty car....tempted me.

Posted on: 2010/10/6 5:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, I know you are eager to get a 115C, but I would pass on this one because of price, condition, and distance. But more importantly, you have so much time, effort, and emotion invested in the '55 Clipper that it deserves your full attention, in my opinion. I have every confidence you will find a '37 to your liking, and when the time comes, it will come to you. Patience will pay off.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/10/6 10:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved