Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
60 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

SPARK PLUG WIRES
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
What spark plug wire sets will work for a 54 Clipper. Not looking to go with original equipment just a good quality set.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 17:07
 Top  Print   

Re: SPARK PLUG WIRES
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear Willis:

Dwight Heinmuller sells sets using Packard 440 wire, and you can also get a fitted set from Max Merrit.

Both of these sets are plug and play.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 18:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Any auto parts store should be able to provide a set. I have used Standard Motor Products universal set which costs less than $25. This set is 7mm wire strand looks and works fine.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 6:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
In my experience the solid core wires work best with old points ignitions, you want to stay away from the MSD style which i believe are graphite core wires (when you cut them there black inside not copper colored) and are designed for 12V electronic systems. You can get cloth covered wires from several sources its as simple as a Google search, however my personal favorites are the clear red "Raja" style like you would find on a 1950's hot rod you can buy them from moon in bulk length and you have several different plug ends to chose from if you type mooneyesusa.com into your browser you'll find them.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 22:36
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Packard 440 wire for me. Solid core copper goodness.

Attach file:

jpg  (35.61 KB)
1_4f2ca8d00f917.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (92.25 KB)
1_4f2ca8e951f80.jpg 768X1024 px

Posted on: 2012/2/3 22:41
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks, it looks like the best choice is to go with the Packard wire set up. I am still trying to find the C16 pints for my Autolite system. I have sent emails to Max and to Kanter. Will call them Monday if no email response. A guy on E-BAY sells them for $60.00 new and made in the USA. I wonder who his supplier is and if he is buying them from one of the two vendors and marking them up???

Posted on: 2012/2/5 13:24
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Napa or CarQuest should have those points. Not packard specific at all.

CS-16 is the Echlin (Napa) part number. Other part places should be able to match on that.

Posted on: 2012/2/5 14:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I spent several hours on line and about an hour at NAPA. It looks like the CS16 points for Autolite is not available. If anyone has a source other than Packard parts suppliers please post.

Posted on: 2012/2/5 15:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What do they look like. Doing a CS16 interchange comes up with a CS206 at Napa. Does that look close or be made to fit? Ebay seller has that 206 set which fits several old cars -- Ford, Chrysler, etc

EDIT: Not even a match to the ebay NOS. Dwight says NOS points are NLA for that dist so not sure what he is supplying for his $90 tune up kit. If Kanter doesn't have something to replace them, makes one think it is time for an enterprising region to make a retrofit kit as was done for the dual point unit if NOS points are now going for $60.

Posted on: 2012/2/5 15:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information

Posted on: 2012/2/5 15:48
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved