Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Scan from a new box of documents
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Mark,
to PackardInfo and thankyou for those additional insights into Packard history from your Dad's own words.

I also like your Forum name and it's connection to Packard through your Dad and his torsion bar cycle car which I recall reading about. If I also recall correctly it's still in the family? With you? Usually I also request new members to include their Packard/s in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo. In some respects I'd like to think the cycle car was a "Packard" given it's link in the development of Torsion Level. Seems likely to be wishful thinking on my part but it'd be great to have the cycle car in the Registry. Maybe if you are agreeable we could get BigKev to create a new category for "experimental" Packards or somesuch?

Posted on: 2012/8/21 15:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
What a pleasure to have an Allison in the house! Welcome aboard! I think I'll post the pic I took in Gettysburg.
Both Allison brothers, the Request and Best Other.

Attach file:

jpg  (149.56 KB)
23_5034127c79b7f.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/8/21 17:58
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Cycle-Car
See User information
Jeff had shared that link with me previously as well as a YouTube video of the 25,000 mile run. I looked through Dad's notes at that time. There may be some helpful notes, but mostly I had unresolved questions.

Gene's PDF helped clear up some of my confusion because it had the VIN of the Patrician which corresponded to Dad's note about it being the A4 (endurance car). The later diary entry about the 25,000 mile car with a different VIN says there were two cars.

Pheasant? Perhaps, but I don't recall seeing anything written on that, and I was looking for it. The question I've got is on Dad's 16mm film when the two men are transferring 50# weights from two Blue Patricians. Could they be the same cars? Will need to run it and see if they have Reynold's Wrap, etc. Most of the film was made in the summer of '55, but that segment could have been filmed at any time.

Are you working on an article on the 25,000 mile run?

Also: Thanks to Randy for the Gettysburg photo with Dick, on left. Brother Dave wasn't there, but made it to Galena with us last year.

Posted on: 2012/8/21 18:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and a special thanks to Mark and to his Dad for the development of this innovative system. As I'm getting this information ready to send to Kevin for inclusion her I'll be posting scans to this thread if you want to follow along with me on this journey. I'm not sure if Kevin had rather me continue to post to this thread or start a new one with each new scan cycle but I guess he'll let me know. So, let's start at the beginning (with Packard) back in 1949.
Gene

Attach file:

pdf Size: 477.88 KB; Hits: 49

Posted on: 2012/8/21 21:26
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mark (Cycle-Car), welcome to PackardInfo.com.

Quote:
...As I'm getting this information ready to send to Kevin for inclusion her I'll be posting scans to this thread if you want to follow along with me on this journey...

Gene, what a great thread! Thanks for sharing. For sure I will be one of your faithful travelling companions on this time journey.

[picture source: www.weekenddriver.com]

Attach file:

jpg  (49.97 KB)
757_5034605a38c06.jpg 652X376 px

Posted on: 2012/8/21 23:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gene,

I have no problems with you posting pieces here on on other posts. :) But I would like to have it as a whole so I can upload to the Literature section of the website for permanent archive/storage.

Thanks again!

Posted on: 2012/8/22 9:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Kevin, that is why I put this statement in my last post, "As I'm getting this information ready to send to Kevin for inclusion her I'll be posting scans to this thread if you want to follow along with me on this journey." I wanted you to know that I would be including this information with the other information I'm getting ready for you. I'm finally down to putting the flooring down in the area I'm remodeling and school is starting so I'll have office hours and time in front of the computer to scan several pages a day until my task is done. One of my problems is that I have to read everything as I go.
Gene

Attach file:

pdf Size: 529.03 KB; Hits: 45

Posted on: 2012/8/22 11:24
1939 Buick Special

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Perfect! Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/8/22 12:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
This is dated Feb. 4, 1952 and deals with the spring rate on a 2501 Packard.

Gene

Attach file:

jpg  (96.97 KB)
3021_50382ac2ead6d.jpg 971X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/8/24 20:30
1939 Buick Special

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
So if I understand it correctly, then the talk revolves around the suspension fine-tuning of a 1952 25th 200 Touring Sedan, Club Sedan (body 2592, 2595) or its two DeLuxe counterparts (body 2562, 2565).
Just for the sake of completeness even the 2-person Special Speedster "Phantom II" shall be named, which had been a modified 200 deluxe club sedan

Posted on: 2012/8/25 0:20
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved