Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 203

Bob J, Owen_Dyneto, R H, Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
As of now, I plan to arrive around 8:00 AM Sunday. I will list my needed parts tomorrow, thereby insuring they will be nonexistent Sunday. My offer as roving reporter still stands. Call me @ (909) 489-8913. I can't predict my hours on site, but it will be AM PST. There are LOTS of venders with LOTS of parts.

Part'ing with my Packards, Tom

Posted on: 2013/2/16 2:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Tom, I sent you a PM with my contact information taking you up on your offer to scout for parts. I need a lower engine compartment splash shield, driver side, for my 1947 Custom Clipper. Don Scotty is looking the RH side one. I also asked Big Kev for the same help. Thanks to both of you for helping those of us who will not be at the PI swap meet.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/16 11:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
JW - I'll see what I can do.

Posted on: 2013/2/16 17:57
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
JW;

I don't see where you store PM's, so I'll resort to replying.
I'm not sure what a 47 splash shield is. I assume you are not referring to the inner fender well but a horizontal shield across the front of the car under the engine. If you can, either Email me, Tomoldcars@AOL.com, reply, or call me with a description. I expect to arrive at the Doubletree around 7:30 PST tomorrow. I just noticed Bigkev is arriving from the east. I shall try to avoid him as we both hit the 91 / 57 interchange.

On another note, there is a 42-47 Packard body sitting behind lots of boats not far from me.
The part'y is just starting, Tom

Posted on: 2013/2/16 18:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

TOMOLDCARS wrote:
JW;

I don't see where you store PM's, so I'll resort to replying.
I'm not sure what a 47 splash shield is. I assume you are not referring to the inner fender well but a horizontal shield across the front of the car under the engine. If you can, either Email me, Tomoldcars@AOL.com, reply, or call me with a description. I expect to arrive at the Doubletree around 7:30 PST tomorrow. I just noticed Bigkev is arriving from the east. I shall try to avoid him as we both hit the 91 / 57 interchange.

On another note, there is a 42-47 Packard body sitting behind lots of boats not far from me.
The part'y is just starting, Tom

Tom the "User Menu", upper left window on the home page should be showing "Red". Click on this and follow the directions to your "In Box". There you will see my PM to you. Or, you can go to "Shows and Events" and click on "Packards International member meet". When there go to post #7 where Don Scotty has posted an image showing the splash shields he and I are searching for. Me, LH side - he, the RH side. All of this is easy to do.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/16 22:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
For Tom, here's the photo showing the location of the left and right splash panels. These parts are the same on all 46-49 Packards.

Attach file:

jpg  (44.50 KB)
338_51210515e276f.jpg 1115X544 px

Posted on: 2013/2/17 11:28
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think the splash panels are the same for 1942-1950 (Clipper-based) Seniors. This expands your search at least a little. I got a pair off eBay several years ago for my '50.

Posted on: 2013/2/17 12:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
I had fun and bought a few goodies. It was nice to put names to a few faces.

Some very nice cars were there too!

Rich

Posted on: 2013/2/17 16:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved