Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
251 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 251

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1942 Packard 160 on E Bay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Greetings again Friends, I am working a deal with a very nice person. He has a 1942 Packard on Ebay. It is a 160 with side mounts. I am at a loss of the exact model and thought you would be so kind as to "school" me on just exactly what it is. Also any other info on the 42 would be of great help as This car is out of my league ! Thanks you for the help Dale

Posted on: 2013/5/8 17:42
 Top  Print   

Re: 1942 Packard 160 on E Bay
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
This one? Looks nice. If you can get the ID plate numbers from the seller that will help in identification. Once you have the ID plate numbers look at the 20th Model Series Info here.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 21:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear John:

That looks to be a Super Eight One Sixty Model 2004, body type 1562 Toruing Sedan on the 138 inch wheelbase, shipping weight 4090 lbs w/o side mounts, 165 hp

Posted on: 2013/5/9 8:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Did you buy it? I noticed it was off of Ebay.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 17:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
YES Sir Thats my Baby I did. I am nervous I hope it is as nice as it looks and the statement said. I think it might need new tires. Could I put "radials" on it? Would it make it ride better? When I spoke to the gentleman who has it for sale, he said that the under side was as clean as the topside. So any one who can give the Pros or Cons of the this Model Please do so. Thanks Dale

Posted on: 2013/5/9 20:58
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

robtroxel
See User information
Yes you can put on radials. Do check the condition of the shocks and suspension. Post some pictures of that bad boy!

congratulations

Posted on: 2013/5/10 14:25
Rob Troxel
1941 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As already said, yes you can put radials on it. The handling on irregular pavement will be improved, steering will take a bit more effort and ride will be a little harsher. There is a fairly broad acceptance that radials don't benefit the prewar cars with Safe-T-Flex suspension as much as the prewar Clipper and postwar chassis. You might even be able to get away with tubeless, I know of several prewar Packards as early as 1937 that used tubeless and the rims were airtight.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 14:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Have had tubeless Diamondback radials on my '41 120 for the past 4 years. No problems with leaking but you'll need to ensure your rims are good and true. Do ride harsher, require more effort for parking and slow speed manouveres but as said irregular surface performance is better.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 16:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
I would like to put "radials and SS Wire Wheels on her. Can any one advise of 1 is that possible. 2 Where and what type of SS Wire Wheels to get.3 Who sells them and 4. The type and make of radial tire I could use and where to buy them. 5 what size rim an tire can I go with . Thanks Dale

Posted on: 2013/5/10 17:07
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

robtroxel
See User information
I'd wait on the wheels until you have lived with the car. When you do this there are other things that may need attention, like brakes, shocks,etc. While the wire wheels would be cool, keep in mind, the manufacturer had a look that is also very cool with the stock wheels and hub caps. Non stock wheels can also throw off the offset causing failure of wheel bearings, etc. Sometimes just new trim rings and hubcaps will give you the dazzle Packard fathers intended. We hope you will join the club nationally and locally so we can track this great car.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 8:15
Rob Troxel
1941 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved