Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 121

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Car Shows and Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I have entered my car in two shows and received trophies in each. I was happy to win, but if I hadn't received anything I would not have been disappointed. The reason I took my car to the shows was not to win trophies, but to let people see a Packard up close and to explain the cars and their history to any and all who showed any interest. I love to look at the other cars and talk with their owners and I feel happy for them when they win. I am simply not that competitive when it comes to my car. I am happy just to own it and be able to drive it around. I think the most important thing about an antique car show is that it exposes unknowledgeable people to our cars and others and with some luck, might even inspire a few to buy an antique car and join the clubs. I am going to have my car entered in a big show in Northern Virginia this Sunday. If I win any award, that's great. But what I will enjoy the most is that young boy or girl staring at my hood ornament or hie or her reflection in the bumper. Or the teenagers who ask me what a Packard was and listen as I explain. Or the people who will pull out their cell phones or cameras and take pictures. These shows are really for them, not us.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 11:55
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
And wait for the inevitable question and/or argument:

Who made Packard, Ford or Chevy???????????????

Posted on: 2013/6/13 12:16
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I want to thank everyone here for your great support, you've all mentioned things that I had felt and not realized it. Of course I love to talk to anyone about my cars, especially the young ones (maybe a spark to join us?). Also a lot of older folks who can remember these cars (I hear some great Packard stories). The awards are a cheap thrill that soon fades, as most of these shows do. I know that my love for Packards is real and will last as long as I do

Posted on: 2013/6/13 12:25
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
bhappy:

Just don't let your spouse know how you feel about your car or you might end up sleeping in the garage ...

and AL:

Everyone knows that Packards were made by Buick ...

Posted on: 2013/6/13 13:41
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Out at the PPG on Sunday, I was told that Chrysler made Packards. And not by just one person, I had two different people tell.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 14:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
fredrickr, I thought that Briggs (and hundreds of parts and equipment suppliers) made Packards.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/13 16:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
So you all can rest your minds, Packards were made by humans that were inspired by ALIENS, that's why they were so far advanced for their time. In fact, in the future, one of those humans will carry on the family name as Jean Luc Packard and save the whole human race.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 22:12
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Quote:
This was taken at a local Cruise Night a few years ago, and it drew a crowd once people started to arrive. Not often you see a car in bare metal driving around with a fully sorted engine bay and an engine that no one under 50 had ever seen before.

Great picture but you could only get away with that in California...If you tried that in Ohio, the car would be rusted by the time you got to the show and by the time you were ready to leave, it'd be a pile of red dust...

Posted on: 2013/6/14 1:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Whether Packards were made by Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Buick or aliens, my personal favorite question (more that 3 times):

"Packard??" "Hmmmm... weren't they made in in Green Bay, Wisconsin???"

Posted on: 2013/6/14 6:34
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
My somewhat crude answer to "Packard who made that?" I say that they merged with Hewlett and the folks seem to be OK with it.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 8:32
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved