Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 155

37Blanche, custo eight, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

delco generator field coils
Just popping in
Just popping in

gnarlewoodie
See User information
I have a 1948 Packard Station Sedan normal straight 8 equipped with a long version,Delco Remy generator the only number appearing is 9205 (there is no oval tag attached) I have had the generator rebuilt twice as well as a new voltage regulators, however in the process the only component not replaced was the generator's field coils as we do not have a source for them. Each time the generator was rebuilt it would last about 25 miles and quit charging. Everything tests fine yet without ever replacing the generator's field coils we feel these alone need to be replaced. Does anyone out there know the name address and or phone number of where the delco/remy field coils can be purchased?

Attach file:

jpg  (107.28 KB)
5024_52407aed20827.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/9/23 12:31
 Top  Print   

Re: delco generator field coils
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very nice looking station sedan.

Jason at AERhttp://www.aerrebuild.com/ would probably know if they are available or might even be able to supply them. He generally visits the forum regularly but if he misses your post you might send him an email.

Posted on: 2013/9/23 12:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jason Smith
See User information
Yes, they are available and I should have them in stock. The 9205 covers a few different Delco generator numbers, so I have to check and make sure they all use the same field coil set. I'll double check that and get back to you.
Thanks,
Jason

Posted on: 2013/9/23 12:53
Jason
Advanced Electrical Rebuilders
Starter, Generator & Distributor Restoration
jason@aerrebuild.com
www.aerrebuild.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jason Smith
See User information
Yes, they are in stock. I have two options, NOS Delco coils and new aftermarket coils. The NOS Delco set is $79 plus shipping and the new aftermarket set is $59 plus shipping. In my opinion there is no advantage to the NOS set versus the aftermarket. I carry them because some people think they need NOS everything. Some NOS items are worth it and some are not, I feel these have nothing over the aftermarkets. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Thanks,
Jason

Posted on: 2013/9/23 14:37
Jason
Advanced Electrical Rebuilders
Starter, Generator & Distributor Restoration
jason@aerrebuild.com
www.aerrebuild.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day gnarlewoodie,
First post, so to PackardInfo. As Howard said, "Very nice looking station sedan".

And, I invite you to include your '48 Station Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/9/23 14:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved