Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
185 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 183

humanpotatohybrid, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Braking my 38
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
The wife says I'm addicted to driving highways (she's wrong of course), but anyway I have done some things to make higher speed driving safer. I added an R11 OD unit, front sway bar,3 point seat belts and now my newest addition Power Disk Brakes. I haven't been able to road test yet but everything seems to work OK.
Just in case the Packard Police are watching everything I have done so far is "bolt on" and easily reversible

Attach file:

jpg  (85.99 KB)
551_5293ad054d61d.jpg 1080X810 px

jpg  (97.21 KB)
551_5293ad2f97922.jpg 1080X810 px

Posted on: 2013/11/25 15:04
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Re: Braking my 38
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Now a mustang 2 frontend and a sbc and you're good to go

Posted on: 2013/11/25 15:09
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Nice. Would you elaborate on the power unit you used. IIRC, there have been one or two inquiries if anything modern would fit in the prewars using the space where the original master was located.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 15:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Nice job Phil.

Given you can't get new drums and asbestos linings I would tell the malcontents to go jump in the Packard lake.

Heck, you could even put together a kit and sell it. That's how people like Hirsch got started.

If that is your car in the picture, you need to do something about those springs because if the suspension is bottoming it will beat the hell out your king pins, wheel bearings, and frame. Just a friendly observation.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 16:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
Just in case the Packard Police are watching everything...

10) Purist vs. Modder's: If some one posts a question about how to fix or rebuild something (like the BTV), then obviously there are looking to preserve it, and are not asking to upgrade, replace, reengineer it. So please let the folks that can answer their question about fixing it help them, without the modification sidebars hijacking the thread. Nothing turns a new Member away faster than bickering folks. Also, along those same lines, if someone comes posts a question about modern conversions, replacements, upgrades, etc, then let the folks that can answers those questions do so with out berating the Gentlemen about keeping it original. Equal time folks, equal time.

sources
rule: RULES OF FORUM ETIQUETTE
picture: ebay

Attach file:

jpg  (55.83 KB)
757_5293be5cc7350.jpg 720X577 px

Posted on: 2013/11/25 16:17
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
The power unit is a remote booster so it can be mounted anywhere you like. I am running a dual chamber M/C but for right now only the front is power assisted. As for the springs the jack stands are under the lower support arms so there is plenty of travel.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 16:32
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Nice clean job. Drive and enjoy.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 16:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
Just in case the Packard Police are watching everything I have done so far is "bolt on" and easily reversible

I'm not part of the Packard Police, but even though I prefer my cars in bone-stock form, it's not like you're prostelytizing, here.

When it's your name on the title, you can do as you please with your property - as long as it doesn't harm someone else. It shouldn't matter to you whether or not someone else likes it or not, but when you put something out there in the public limelight, just brace yourself for some criticism.

Meanwhile, that this is a bolt-on modification should be a plus for you, as well - in case these parts become NLA. Speaking of parts, the stamped shell of that booster looks suspiciously like an air brake chamber used on tractor-trailer rigs and the like - interesting.

Posted on: 2013/11/25 18:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm sorry if I offended someone; my sincere apologies! It was meant in a funny way. I sure don't want to chase anybody off that comes out here, and I sure don't want this forum to turn into this:

Posted on: 2013/11/25 18:48
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I hope you don't think I'm offended -no way. A very good friend of mine who is a dedicated hot rodder says that if I ever get rid of the stock engine out of my car he will slap me in the head

Posted on: 2013/11/25 19:41
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved