Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 241

DaveJr, JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1954 Packard Clipper Super Radiator hoses
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Can someone out there recommend a source for the upper and lower radiator hoses for my 1954 Packard Clipper Super two-door club sedan 327 L-8, 165hp? Looked at the parts x-ref but didn't see anything for my year. Trying to find some two-inch flex hose at NAPA, but still waiting for my local NAPA store to do some research. Thanks Again!

Posted on: 2014/3/11 20:43
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Packard Clipper Super Radiator hoses
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Please don't use flex hoses, besides looking awful they place a strain on the radiator gooseneck which may lead to failure. If you don't want to go to the local autoparts store and browse for hoses with contain the correct section you need, then just buy the correct hose kit from Max or Kanters.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 22:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Upper hose: Napa 7694 is good for 51-56. Must be shortened at both ends, but that gives you enough for the piece between the water pump and cooler.

51-54 w/ Ultra lowest hose Napa 7197, perfect fit.

51-54 stick, Napa7438, must shorten both ends a bit.

The above are all molded hoses and will look very nice.

Posted on: 2014/3/12 6:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Thanks again for keeping me out of trouble. I will try the NAPA parts. Yes, those flex hoses did not look too spiffy.
I really appreciate all your invaluable input, Ross and Owen.

Posted on: 2014/3/12 9:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Ross,

Thanks for the NAPA hose info. I just finished rebuilding the generator and replacing the regulator on my '51 200 Deluxe. While I was at I replaced the fan belt and noticed that the hose between the pump and the auto cooler was questionable.

Thanks to you, all it took was a quick call to Napa to check that they had the hoses in stock, which they did. It made for a easy job and all is up and running. I want to also thank Jason at AER for the parts and his assistance on the generator and regulator.

Posted on: 2014/5/24 17:43
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved