Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: I'm new and have a few questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
PM sent

Posted on: 2014/3/18 9:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Budzilla,
to PackardInfo.

You are invited you to include your '53 & '54 Henneys in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 15:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Michael, at this point it would appear likely that your Pan American emblem is some type of souvenier or publicity piece; Mr. Marano kindly took the attached photo for me and it appears the original has a slightly curved profile to fit the door curvature and perhaps a hole in it for mounting the end of the script. It's a bit hard to make a judgement about the size comparison. I have asked him to examine the car again to make sure there is no other emblem anywhere that might match yours.

PS - adding another photo courtesy of Stuart Blond of a pair of Pan Americans - same emblems.

Attach file:

jpg  (50.70 KB)
177_532aec20900d2.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  (104.69 KB)
177_532aef3c8f56d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/3/20 8:24
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Here are a few more pictures that will hopefully show the size and shape of the pan American emblem. To me it looks as if it is curved like you described. It is also 2 5/8 inches across. Maybe someone else can chime in with some info. Thanks again

Attach file:

jpg  (110.12 KB)
44786_532d055c42ae4.jpg 1280X956 px

jpg  (96.36 KB)
44786_532d05906e5d4.jpg 1280X956 px

jpg  (105.84 KB)
44786_532d05cac56db.jpg 1280X956 px

jpg  (82.23 KB)
44786_532d068036d74.jpg 1280X956 px

jpg  (85.35 KB)
44786_532d06f4ed805.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2014/3/21 22:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Your a lucky guy, Michael.I thin k you got the real thing.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 0:12
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Quote:

JoeSantana wrote:
Your a lucky guy, Michael.I thin k you got the real thing.

That would be pretty cool if it was legit. Thanks for the input

Posted on: 2014/3/22 11:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
I'm perhaps stating the obvious; the triangular emblem in your post #2 (next to the quarter) is the emblem for the Packard Pan American. I don't know if it's original or not, but with only 4 cars of that model built, it would certainly be rare if authentic.

Au contrare...actually there were six (6) Pan Americans built, not four. And yes, the triangular emblem indeed appears to be a Pan Am door emblem. I will go even further in noting that one Pan Am car I knew of years ago was missing ONE of these emblems and I have photos of it showing the triangle emblem missing from the door.

Of course anytime emblems and logos are made up for a vehicle-even one-offs-the usual procedure is to have extras made. Since this one shows mounting prongs on the rear and a curvature, it just would not seem to be a mere souvenir.

I do have a very large amount of Packard Pan American info and photos gathered over many decades. I knew these cars from when they were new. I am still trying to locate all of the cars and serial number information for a final history and large, accurate article on these cars.

Finally, one of the other vertical medallions ("Body Styled and Built By Henney" -turquoise on top, black on lower half) was featured in an original magazine advertisement in the 1950s showing a Richard Arbib concept illustration of a Pan American (with the top up-and yes, there WERE Pan Ams with tops-contrary to what some want you to believe).

This vertical Henney medallion was also shown in a very large size at the Pan Pacific Auditorium in Los Angeles when Pan Am #1 was exhibited there shortly after it was built.

You are also welcome to PM me on Pan Americans and these medallions.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 12:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, 6 built. Thanks for catching my error on that.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 15:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
No problem.

Guess I should also say that a large version of the triangle logo for Pan American (in addition to the Henney vertical medallion logo I mentioned earler) was also displayed at the Pan Pacific Auditorium in Los Angeles when the Pan Am went on exhibit there in the 1950s. The triangle and huge logo hung suspended over the rear of the Pan American.

And... as I mentioned earlier... here is exactly where the small glass-enameled triangle logo that the poster on this site has belongs. See those two holes in front of the second "P"??? Guess what goes there?

Attach file:

jpg  (25.35 KB)
1249_532e23170cf16.jpg 640X412 px

Posted on: 2014/3/22 18:56
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Budzilla
See User information
Hello again, I was looking at the badges you had listed while I was in Florida. After returning home, I looked at the badge I have on my 54 and it is like the second to the last one you have pictured. Would you be interested in selling that one?

Posted on: 2014/3/23 17:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved