Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Packard Convertiable Coupe - Top Frame
Just popping in
Just popping in

Chop
See User information
Hi, I am just starting a full restoration of my 1939 Packard Convertiable Coupe, can any one help with pictures of the Convertiable top frame, and can anyone tell me whether it has an internal headliner?

I also need to replace the floor, has anyone any contacts for a very good replacement floor?

Regards David Howard (New Zealand)

Posted on: 2016/1/10 1:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Packard Convertiable Coupe - Top Frame
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day David(Chop),
to PackardInfo but sorry I can't help with your requests.

However, I invite you to include your '39 Convertible Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

And a question for you. Are you attending the South Pacific Packard Club of New Zealand's Sunrise to Sunset Tour across the North Island at the end of February? I attended the Top of the South Tour in 2012 and Napier Art Deco prior to that and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 2:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Chop, your convertible (note correct spelling) did not have an internal headliner.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
O_D. I'm wondering how many people didn't get that!

Posted on: 2016/1/10 10:42
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Replacement floor for the trunk is available from C2C, commonly seen on ebait. Also patch panels for the front and rear areas, but they are patch panels only. There is a restoration blog here and on the PAC site, poster theastronut or something like that, depicting a full metal reconstruction on a 40-120 convertible, same body as yours. The work is incredible, practically beyond belief, so your big dilemma is time, talent or dollars.

Note: I am headed for NZ for the Coast-Coast tour and could possibly bring smaller items , for example I have a new YnZ wiring harness, dash components, trim, mechanical, etc. Sorry, no room for trunk floors!
I do have one contact who is shipping some other things to Dundelin in a shared container via LA, so there should be transit possibilities for larger items, such as a pair of NOS rear fenders I have...

Just let us know how to help.

DAF

Posted on: 2016/1/10 11:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved