Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 220

CarFreak, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rear axle seals 1940 120
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ks114
See User information
Wold anyone have a part # for the rear axle seals on a 1940 120? Thanks in advance

Posted on: 2016/6/6 16:03
 Top  Print   

Re: Rear axle seals 1940 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Sorry, no info on the seal numbers but for including your '40 One-Twenty 4-Door Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2016/6/6 17:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Your 1801 takes two rear axle oil seals, an inner and an outer. The part numbers are: Outer 334929 and Inner 347052. The pinion shaft oil seal number is 329655. A parts manual and a service manual are invaluable for identifying parts and doing work on your 1940 One-Twenty. They are available as a reprint, or may be available for downloading on this site in the literature and manuals section.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/6/7 10:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A Stude club seal xref says Packard number 334929 crosses over to Victor and C/R numbers which ultimately crosses to modern SKF 23382 and 23390 sold at Napa under the same numbers . Difference between those two seals seems to be the width. No cross number is given for the inner seal.

Unless someone else has come up with a proven outer number and a modern number for the inner seal, you might be better off ordering the set from Max or Kanter.

When I used a modern number for front seals on my 47 they were not a stock item & had to be ordered in from a cross country warehouse. Seal price was not much cheaper than Max's and freight was considerable. They were not an exact match to the original width wise which caused some problems.

Posted on: 2016/6/7 11:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ks114
See User information
Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and ordered the rear axle seal kit with gaskets from Kanter.

Posted on: 2016/6/7 13:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved