Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need title help
Just popping in
Just popping in

48deluxesalvage
See User information
I scored a 1948 deluxe 8 from a bone yard. It was way to clean to let it get striped for parts. The car is complete except for tail lights and a hood ornament, oh and it is in great shape. I was wondering if anyone could help with the lack of a title. Or if anyone had a titled parts car? Any info would be great

Thanks,
mike

Posted on: 2008/11/27 21:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Need title help
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
48deluxesalvage wrote: I scored a 1948 deluxe 8 from a bone yard........Thanks, mike

G'day Mike.

aboard Packardinfo, a great Site. Sorry I can't help with your request seeing I'm an ocean away down-under.

But could you please add your '48 to the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2008/11/27 22:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone could help with the lack of a title.

<p>
No problem obtaining a title on any pre-1973 car. I just did one on my 1963 Tempest. Nevada is almost as difficult as California to get a title. I used:
</p>
<p>
INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE<br>
3342 S. Sandhill Road, Suite 9<br>
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121<br>
1-702-456-4027
</p>
<p>
I do not believe they care if you are a NV resident or not because what they return you is an Alabama registration and bill of sale. They charge $175 fee plus state charges. Call them for info.
</p>

Posted on: 2008/11/27 23:00
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you have a bill of sale from the boneyard, then you should be able to get a salvage title on it from your local DMV.

Also if you have AAA, then in some states they can assist with this process. I know they can in Calif.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 23:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
In some states yo can get what they call a builder's title. If you have a bill of sale for three major components. For example, the body, an engine, and a transmission.Check with your DMV They should be able to help.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 23:47
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

48deluxesalvage
See User information
Thanks for the info, but this is the problem with living in nebraksa. They tell me I have to have a title for one major component. Then they will issue a assembled vehicle title and give me a new vin. Anyway I do thank you all for the info and if anyone would like to sell a titled parts car please let me know.

By the way I have never had much experience with packard, but I have to say I am very taken with this car. I will become a regular on this site and post pics in a few days.

thank you

mike

Posted on: 2008/11/28 7:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I don't know about Nebraska, but in Kansas all you need is a bill of sale for anything older than 1950. 1950 and newer, it gets more complicated, but you still get a title off of the original serial number. It gets titled as an antique either way, and allows you to only need to buy one tag for as long as you own the car, never needing to renew every year.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 7:49
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
I got a title for a 55 Patrician that had been in a barn for over 25 years. I got mine through Broadway Title in Alabama. As I recall it cost about $140. The address and phone number can be found on the web or in any Hemmings.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 12:58
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Less
See User information
I just used International Title on another vehicle. The process is easy, and cost $130. They basically register the vehicle in another state that does not require a title then transfer that registration back to you along with all the necessary paperwork. You take that to your local DMV and they give you a title. You do pay sales tax on the stated value (or price paid) of the car with the state.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I find the info about the Alabama registration interesting.
$175 for a mailing and then add the state charges for the registration and ad valorum tax. Man I am in the wrong business. The state charges for the plate(vintage vehicle plate), registration, and sales tax and is usually no more than $40. So you are paying $175 for a mailing. Vearrryyyyy eintearestink!!! I have a friend in the local DMV. I am going to ask her about this and see what she says.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 11:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved