Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

The Packard Bookshelf
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
"The Packard Bookshelf" feature has now been added to the website.

The Intro text and initial set of books reviews were done by Brian (BH). So many thanks to him for his hard work on this.

The Bookshelf is built as a user driven feature, so you can add your own Packard related books to the list. Please read through some of the book synopsis's that Brian has done to get a good feel of kind of information should be in a review.

Thanks again! I hope you all enjoy this feature.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 23:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: The Packard Bookshelf
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gerd,

Brian had suggested the same feature also in our initial conversations. But I just forgot about it until you mentioned it in your post.

So I just added the ability to add comments to each book review. That way someone can leave their own opinions on a book.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/11/28 2:01
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Brian & Kev,

Another great feature helping make Packardinfo "The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners".

Thanks to Brian for both the concept and initial content and to Kev for putting it into practice.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 2:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi all: What a nice feature and addition to this site! I've added two lesser-known publications on Packard this morning, but find myself unable to add to images of the jackets. I'll post them here until such time as they can be added in the proper place. As soon as I can figure out how to post the image on the bookshelf, I'll add the two Robert J. Neal volumes on Packard engines, automotive and non-automotive. This are superlative works and should be considered for any serious collection of books on Packard.

Congratulations to those who conceived and executed the idea of this addition to our site.

EDIT: photos deleted.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 9:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
All -

Thank you for the kind words. It's been real challenge to juggle this into my schedule due to problems at work and home, but this is another "loose end" from the past that I felt the P'Info site and BigKev were best-equipped to handle.

However, I stripped down the synopsis (from each of my original posts at the old Packard DF at AACA) to be not only more concise, but less subjective. The thought was that other members could then leave their own "critique" and viewers could make and informed reading, shopping, or buying decision. Thanks to BigKev for making it so.

Of course, you have to be signed-in to be able to see the add links.

I am glad the feature has been so well-received and that Owen has already added a couple of "new" titles.

Please stand by as I have a list of a few other relevant titles that I don't have, but others may be able to add to the list, with the essential details. I'll post them this evening (as I am stuck working today).

Now that it's up and running, I also hope to go back and add some of my own subjective comments to a feew of the titles.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2008/11/28 10:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I aded this book to the bookshelf. I also had a problem with loading cover image. Sorry.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 10:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for posting, I referenced it briefly in the comments on the other Marvin book. It's a very handy reference which I keep close to the PC and use very often.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 12:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think the issue with the missing images has to do with the size. The images have to be 500 x 500 or smaller. If they are bigger than that, then the code simple discards them. I went ahead and resized them and put them in place.

If anyone is still having any issues with this, then just let me know. I will look at adding the automatic resizing code it the book shelf.

Thanks for adding the books!

Posted on: 2008/11/28 13:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just bolted in the resize code. So if you upload images that are greater than 500 x 500, but under 1280 x 1280, then it will resize them automatically. Hopefully this will make it easier.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/11/28 13:28
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Owen -

Thanks for those additional titles. This is shaping up to be one well-rounded feature - another great resource for newcomers and a ready-reference for the rest of us.

As with any new appliation, some latent glitches are inevitable, but even the best make a typo now and then. I suspect Kev will be able to create an "Edit" function in no time at all, and you can go back and fix those later. Just keep notes on where you left off with those,

Posted on: 2008/11/28 14:53
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved