Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 211

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

I need correct engine paint colors for 1955 clipper custom
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

55clippercustom
See User information
Hello,Im looking for the correct factory paint colors for my 352,also where's the best place to buy it??Need to know exact factory colors for engine bay also? Thanks in advance!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/12 15:02
 Top  Print   

Re: I need correct engine paint colors for 1955 clipper custom
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Correct engine color for 1955 352 engine in a Packard is Ivory. You can get this in a special hi-temp engine enamel from any of the many national Packard vendors. Try Bill Hirsch, Kanter Bros, Max Merritt.

Assuming 1955 is the same as 1956 and if not I'm sure someone else will come along and advise, cowl and inner fenders etc. are body color or if 2-tone, lower body color. Underhood is a semi-gloss black with some overspray around the edges.

Lot's of paint, upholstery, accessory and similar information already available here for downloading. Click on Packard Articles are browse around and I'm sure you'll find most of your answers.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 15:29
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

55clippercustom
See User information
Thanks for the info!!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/12 17:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Owen & 55Clippercustom,

The info is from cut & pasted directly from the PAC website, (www.packardclub.org) thus there may be room for additional discussion on 55 engine colors. The Ivory color from Bill Hirsch adorns my rebuilt 55 engine. It was eay to apply and no primer is necessary on a clean block. Hope this helps.

Kevin
Tucson

Packard Service Technical Bulletin 55T-33, Dealer 24, July 14, 1955 "Service Replacement Engines, PN 458621, for Models 5560 and 5580 are identical and it stated that they were to be painted ivory color and equipped with Packard rocker covers. However, the factory installed a number of these engines (PN 458621) which were painted Turquoise [Note: 3] with Clipper rocker covers.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 19:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
I saw an original one owner 55 Clipper Custom Constellation with 14K miles on it and the engine was turquoise.My 55 400 engine was Ivory.Both cars were equipped with the Packard 352 CID engine.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Engine & valve covers for typical senior series (5580) Packard cars except for most Caribbeans.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 21:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
GTO, Ivory for the 352 in a Packard, the turquoise you saw was a Clipper, and that's correct but I was making a distinction between a Clipper and a Packard. Turquoise is the one engine enamel that I don't believe is available.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 21:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Bill Hirsch does have the turquoise paint for the 1955 Clippers:

http://www.hirschauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EE-QUART&variation=PAC%20TURQ

The one color that he does not have is the metallic green that was on the 1956 Clipper engines. I spoke to him at Hershey last year, and he said that if someone had an unmolested and clean engine part with the original green paint on it he would try to make a matching paint. The only reason that he hasn't yet is that he doesn't have anything to match to.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 23:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
GTO wrote:.......My 55 400 engine was Ivory.......

G'day Gerard,
If I'm to live up to the reputation Eric has so unfairly saddled me with I have to go

Could I invite you to please add your '55 to the owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it? And I see you mentioned in a post that you had a '56, so likewise with that one please?
Some kudos too, I see your '48 is in the Owner Registry, so

And the '48 has a prior owner who would be of interest to many on Packardinfo, check it out people!

Posted on: 2009/1/13 5:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Ozstatman.I no longer own that car.I sold it in 1979 to buy a red Pontiac LeMans convertible.I have registered my 22nd series Custom Eight and I will do my 56 Patrician as soon as I get a Picture-sometime in the Spring.Keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:20
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved