Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 234

Bob1949Packard, Aiden, todd landis, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

packard parts needed
Just popping in
Just popping in

jay
See User information
Hi, I have a 1954 Packard caribbean, the first Packard that I have owned. A long shot, but I thought I would contact fellow packard enthusiasts....I need front fender caribbean script, rear quarter Packard and trunk badges. 2 round rear quarter packard crest emblems...any help?? sources?? ALSO, and I know this is a tough one...front curved wheel arch molding and rocker molding..I think 53 front will fit too. I have a nice pair of rear wheel arch moldings. Have any of you had any luck in reproducing these on the english wheel 0r such? And, If you are within Seattle to Portland area, a re-buildable ultramatic trans...thanks for considering this post, Jay 360-852-0589

Posted on: 2009/2/15 17:14
 Top  Print   

Re: packard parts needed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
jay wrote: Hi, I have a 1954 Packard caribbean, the first Packard that I have owned.......Jay

G'day Jay,
Along with Gerd I'd like to add my to PackardInfo. And I invite you to add your '54 to the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it.

Posted on: 2009/2/15 18:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Most of the items you're looking for should be easy enough to locate, NOS, repro, and used are all a possibility. I'd use the parts book on this site to get the correct part numbers first, and then try Max Merritt, Kanter Bros, eBay, and Joel Ray at Patrician Industries. You might also try Bob Stolzfus from PA, a Packard vendor who also owns a 54 Patrician and drives one to meets on occasion. Contact information is all in The Packard Club directory and newsletters, but let us know who you can find and we get it for you.

A 54 Carib is potentially a very valuable car and you should attempt to keep it as authentic as possible if you want to preserve the maximum value. In that regard there were 2 different Ultramatic transmissions that could be fitted, the conventional model in the earlier cars, and if the car is a fairly late one it could have the prototype for the 55 Twin Ultramatic which was known as "Gear Start" for 1954. I'd try to keep the correct one with the car.

You may also encounter some interesting problems with the aluminum cylinder head, if still fitted. If it's already been replaced with a 327 cast iron head, that's probably just as well as it's almost inevitable and is a deviation from stock that is pretty well accepted.

I'm fairly familiar with the 54 cars, but not the Caribbean so I'll leave the details to others. But be encouraged to do it right, it's one of the premier postwar Packards.

Posted on: 2009/2/15 18:31
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jay
See User information
Thanks guys for the instant replys! I'll register the car as soon as I get some things lined out. I'll contact the guys you mentioned and see if I can get used parts. It's not missing much and has a lot going for it..it's been stored in 2 museums for the last 30+ years.

Posted on: 2009/2/15 19:04
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jay
See User information
could you tell me how to access the parts book?...I can only find the parts X reference link but no the major, model specific, inclusive parts book. thanks,jay

Posted on: 2009/2/15 19:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Everything is on the Packard Articles page and then divided by various categories. Here is the link to 48-54 parts manual.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?140

Posted on: 2009/2/15 20:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Some other potential parts suppliers:

Mike Dotson
Anaconda, MT
ebay: atr-sp
email: atr_1@msn.com

David Moe
Seattle Packard
dmoeenterprises@cs.com

Good luck. Use the network of people who support this site. There are some very experienced Packard experts who are willing to help you.

Posted on: 2009/2/15 22:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I bought a heater motor ($25) and a trunk lock with key ($30) from Mike Dotson last year. Very good seller, highly recommend.

ATR_1@msn.com

Packard Specialties
807 East Commercial Avenue
Anaconda, Montana 59711

Mike Dotson 406-563-3863

Posted on: 2009/2/18 18:33
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved