Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

RCJ56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 1954 Packard Panther Daytona Roadster concept car....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Howard,

I believe the copper/black and yellow/copper are one in the same car. IIRC, only one of the Panthers was fitted with a hardtop roof, and it was one that had been updated with the '55 taillights. Also, this was the only one of the Panthers that had the three chevrons on each of its rear fenders.

Posted on: 2009/3/19 14:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
if it wasn't for the fact that they are packards, i'd not care at all. i feel that they are the ugliest thing i've ever seen! but they are packards so it's a love hate relationship. the predictor is my favorite! i love that car! it was driven briefly. i own a copy of that article. it has some great detail shots in it. if you would like a copy let me know. it did handle poorly. which was believed to be due to the fact that the body on it was almost all steel. and very heavy!
i plan to build a close copy of the car. with a few changes to make it look more like what i feel a true "production" version of the car would look like. with the exception of the windshield and tail lights they will be minor changes.
only problem is i have to get to see it up close and in person where i can take more photos and get measurements of it.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 20:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Predictor is at the Stude museum in Southbend, IN. Time for you to make a road trip!

Posted on: 2009/4/3 20:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
i own a copy of that article. it has some great detail shots in it.

Believe there was one in the old Hemmings magazine, Special Interest Autos. Is that the article you refer to?

Posted on: 2009/4/3 20:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I believe that is the one. i know where it is. but i need to be able to get to it so i can measure it and make molds of contours, that kinda thing. i hear they keep it in a glass "cage"

Posted on: 2009/4/10 20:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
During the 1990s, the Predictor was in a glass box at the "old" Studebaker Museum, located in the Freeman & Spicer Studebaker dealership. At the "new" museum (which opened up a couple of years ago) it is out in the open, behind standard museum ropes. See the article in The Packard Cormorant #131 (Summer 2008) for some excellent photos, and the complete history by Leon Dixon. (The ropes were removed for the photography session.)

Posted on: 2009/4/10 21:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day ECAnthony,
to PackardInfo. If you have a Packard I invite you to include it in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 21:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The restored Predictor was later displayed "outside the box" at the old Freeman-Spicer building, as the glass case was used to showcase other vehicles. I've been there and have seen it up-close several times - before and after restoration.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 7:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Interesting website with some nice concept packards:

http://www.automotivehistoryonline.com/packardconcepts.htm

Has the Packard Engineer Mule "Black Bess", 1956 Packard Predictor, 1956 Packard Clipper Rejected design, 1955 Packard Request Concept, 1955 Packard Panther Daytona restyled 2 of 2, 1954 Packard-Daytona Concept restyled 1 of 2, 1954 Packard Panther-Daytona, 1953 Packard Balboa-X designed by Richard Teague, 1952 Packard Special Speedster, 1952 Packard Pinin Farina Coupe, 1952 Packard Pan American Show Car interior, 1952 Packard Pan American Roadster, Edward Macauley's 1944 Packard Brown Bomber, and Edward Macauley's 1933 Packard AKA "Brown Bomber".

The copyright is 2005-2007, it's been around so you may have already seen this site.

Plus here's a nice website collection of Packard ads:

http://oldcarandtruckads.com/Packard/

Posted on: 2009/6/9 22:54
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'm guessing that this is the Panther that was updated with '55 taillights and rear bumper but painted in a white/black two-tone. I saw it on the White Field at Fall Hershey about 25 years ago, but don't recall that upholstery. I'm thinking it was done in a maroon leather and just flat - not diamond-pleated.

While the paint was in terrible shape when I saw it at Hershey, it looked a lot better when it turned up at the Centennial (repainted), but I don't recall what the interior looked like at all then. (Sorry, no digicam, back then.)

Posted on: 2010/1/30 20:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved