Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
45 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 43

37Blanche, West Peterson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1925 333 six fuel gauge details
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Warren Classics
See User information
Just bought a 1925 Packard 333 Six. Dropped the tank to get cleaned and want to hook up the fuel gauge. I have the gauge, but no plumbing from tank and not sure what parts I would need in the tank itself. Does anyone have a diagram or know where I can see what parts are required? I have a digital owners manual, but not enough detail

Posted on: 2021/10/5 11:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1925 333 six fuel gauge details
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If it is the King-Seeley liquid gauge you are referring to here is an earlier thread with some generic information. The diagram came from an old Motors Manual so was not specific to Packard who may have used the K-S unit as is or could have custom made parts more to Packard fitment needs.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=237010&keywords=king+seeley+gauge

If your gauge is electric about the only place I can think of that MIGHT be able to help with a repro tank sender is KM Lifestyle.https://mykmlifestyle.com/KM_Lifestyle_Fuel_Senders.html

Posted on: 2021/10/5 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Warren Classics
See User information
Thanks for the info. I don't think it's the one you shared, I've attached the front of the gauge. I didn't take a picture of the back yet, but it's threaded and has a wire coming out the back that seems to control the position of the gauge. I've attached an image from the owners manual too, but not sure what the pieces are to make it work.

Attach file:

jpeg  FA04540D-0047-4932-9689-1E8FFD0572D8_1_105_c.jpeg (102.49 KB)
225195_615c9f8bacf54.jpeg 768X1024 px

png  1925 Fuel Tank.png (688.95 KB)
225195_615ca8de52bfd.png 864X534 px

Posted on: 2021/10/5 14:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Warren Classics,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '25 Six 333 Paddy Wagon in the Packard Vehicle Registry. I believe it would probably be the first "Paddy Wagon" to be included there.

At the same time, know I'm pushing the friendship here, could you also include the other Packard shown in your profile, a '47 Super Clipper 8, in the Registry too?

Posted on: 2021/10/5 21:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
If my memory is correct, it's a mechanically driven gauge. There is a float in the fuel tank that rotates a wire the moves the needle. Hopefully, someone can provide more detail

Posted on: 2021/10/6 4:00
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Warren Classics
See User information
Still trying to figure it out and striking out. Attached is the part that is in the tank and connects to the mechanical fuel gauge

Attach file:

jpeg  Fuel Gauge.jpeg (101.94 KB)
225195_616867c84646c.jpeg 1440X1080 px

Posted on: 2021/10/14 12:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is that the only piece that goes in the tank and no other openings for anything else? Do you have any photos of the rear of the gauge showing the connection and have you determined positively if it is electric or is it another fitting for tubing. Are there any photos of the rest of the tank?

If that is the only piece in the tank and definitely connects to the rear of the fuel gauge via a similar connection, I would almost think there is some kind of low pressure Bourdon tube arrangement similar to an oil pressure or temp gauge moving the indicator. If that is the case the fuel gauge could rely on air pressure generated by virtue of the space taken up by a fuel column inside the tube in that tank portion. The connection would probably be an airtight length of small copper tubing. Increasing or decreasing height of the fuel in the tank would change the confined air pressure going to the gauge portion similar to what happens in the liquid gauges.

Posted on: 2021/10/14 13:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved