Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 201

humanpotatohybrid, BigKev, JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: A great surprise and much thanks!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What!! Relegated to the garage and not over the mantle? What must your wife be thinking.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 22:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
What!! Relegated to the garage and not over the mantle? What must your wife be thinking.

She's thinking that we don't have a mantel!

The wife and I have an agreeement when we bought the house. The house is hers, but the garage is mine. This is an agreement she never lets me forget when the Packard stuff starts to creep into the house!

Actually I think it looks quite fitting in the garage amongst all the other Packard pieces. The garage will look better once I get the walls painted a nice gray and the "car" portion of the workbench gets its sheet-metal top surface which is perfect for greasy parts and abuse.. The "electronics" side of the work bench is already covered in 24"x24" travertine tiles. Which makes a great non-conductive, heat-resistance, easy to clean surface. 10' of workbench for electronics projects, and the other 10' for all the mechanical projects.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 22:39
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Forsyth
See User information
I like it!!!

Posted on: 2009/6/8 3:40
Carpe Diem!! Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"The wife and I have an agreeement when we bought the house. ...."

Will any of the youger set ever learn how to handle these situations???? YOU buy the house and just simply let the women move in. IT's that simple. OR, let them buy the house and u just move in and make their house payment. When any disagreements arise then u move out and stop making the payment. It won't be 90 days before they beg u to come back. Then u can build motorcycles in the living room, set up a small caliber target range in the basement, heat aluminum parts in the oven, wash parts in the bath tub, set up wine crocks in the dining room, store mechanics tools under the bed, pile up junk in the yard and on the porch.... Just about anything goes.

Everyone just needs to get their heart right about these things.

OH. and i forgot one important thing. Never complain of a messy house. As long as the meals are cooked and the cloths are washed then that's all that really counts.

Posted on: 2009/6/8 9:38
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I believe prints of the DePalma painting is still offered by the Blackhawk Museum store.

Posted on: 2009/6/8 10:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

The framed poster looks great there in "mantopia" - where you can enjoy it while you work on your Packard.

Just keep something handy to drape over that portion of the wall whenever your squirting paint or other chemicals.

Who knows, mebbe someday down the road, you'll be able to add a den right off the garage and keep the poster, reference materials and other priceless artifacts - along with any trophies you may win with the Clipper!

Posted on: 2009/6/8 10:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved