Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
30 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 29

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Another massive hoard of project cars hits the auction block, including 3 Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Found this online and wanted to share. This is the estate auction for the late James Kile. Over 215 vehicles, mostly Chrysler and Studebaker with a few others mixed in. Vehicles are stored at three locations in Indiana and Michigan. The three Packards are 1955 and 1956 400 hardtops and a 1954 Cavalier Sedan. All are pretty rough with the '55 400 so badly rusted that it is probably only scrap metal at this point. The Studebaker collection is really something and probably the largest I have ever seen for this brand. Some really desirable ones, including several Studebaker built carriages from the 1800's, a 1913 Model 25 Touring, a 1950 Champion Convertible and a 1937 hearse with about the creepiest looking dark red interior I've ever seen in a vehicle. Just in time for Halloween! Chryslers are mostly later models from the 1980's and 1990's, but there are a few older models, including a really solid looking '56 Imperial sedan. If you click on the Catalog link at the link below, you can narrow your search by make. A lot of interesting stuff here, including parts. I also like the 1951 Frazer sedan. I spotted one of these in a salvage yard many years ago and was always intrigued by the charging knight hood ornament. If you live in the area, the collection might be worth checking out. But it is too bad that most of them are so rough. It looks like the storage facility they were in did not provide sufficient protection from the elements.

https://brightstarauctions.com/listing/studebakerclassics-mi-102222/

Posted on: 2022/9/28 14:54
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Re: Another massive hoard of project cars hits the auction block, including 3 Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Yeah that's probably the saddest looking 400 I've seen.

Posted on: 2022/9/28 15:22
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Re: Another massive hoard of project cars hits the auction block, including 3 Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
looks like the '54 s the best condition of the lot.

Posted on: 2022/9/28 16:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
May be sad but the 400 has factory A/C.

Posted on: 2022/9/29 0:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
They made 475 Imperial convertibles in 1968 and he has two, but both are goners.
The work bench and compressors are good deals if you live nearby. Those buggies are interesting but like in Dr Zhivago - who wants to breath horse farts?

I always liked the 53-54 Studebaker sedans. I don't understand why Nance didn't.

Every time I throw something out I find myself needing it. Even an old paint can lid. But shoot me if I ever get as bad as that TV show.

Posted on: 2022/9/29 19:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I would love to own the 1950 Studebaker Champion convertible, but it is a little too rough for me to consider taking on. I have always loved 1950 Studebakers. Back in the 1960's and 70's, a friend of my dads who owned a service station had a '50 Champion sedan as a yard car and parts chaser. I thought that that bullet nose was one of the coolest auto designs ever. After I got my driver's license in 1973, he offered to sell it to me for $400. My dad, who did not share my enthusiasm for old cars, quickly killed that idea. I ended up getting a '66 Mustang as my first car.

Posted on: 2022/9/30 14:06
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

01freeman
See User information
So many interesting projects. The 30’s school bus and the 57 desoto hearse are so cool. Would like to know the back story of the collector. So many vehicles in two locations. Incredible Lifetime collection.

Posted on: 2022/10/21 21:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Any Chrysler product professional coach is rare as very few were made.

Posted on: 2022/10/22 3:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
The 1951 Fraser is indeed a rare car. My Parents had 2 KF vehicles. A 1948-49? Fraser (That My mother sadly rolled.) and a similar year Kaiser (bone model as she
and Dad called it.) Both were good cars. In particular the Fraser. Very luxurious. Both said. My dad bought back the Fraser for the engine and put it in the Kaiser over a weekend so they could be at work on monday. And that is only part of the story! My dad and his cousin had put the distributer in 180 degrees out and blew the muffler off during the engine exchange so my dads drive from Mount Clemens Michigan to Harbour Springs Mi that night (and or early Sunday morning.) was an interesting one. No, no Expressways then! Yes then Sunday morning dad got a muffler and other items so they could get back to the Detroit area by Sunday night ready for school Monday Morning

Posted on: 2022/10/22 19:45
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved