Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: A few listings from Facebook Marketplace
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
What is going on with the brake and clutch pedals on the 120B? Ad also says it has an automatic transmission. Curious...

Posted on: 2023/2/4 13:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
That 38 Su8 looks like a case where they stopped paying the bills and the car was pushed outside. Great parts car especially in the block isn't cracked.

Posted on: 2023/2/5 8:58
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
JWL - my guess is the Master cylinder is off for renewal, or the brake rod is disconnected...

Posted on: 2023/2/5 10:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Or the last stop prompted the sale!

Posted on: 2023/2/5 11:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
This one just posted today on FB and wanted to get it up on our site right away. Totally original 1938 Six Opera Coupe. I just love 1938 and 1939 Junior Packards and this one looks like it has a lot of potential. Somebody please buy this car and save it from being turned into a street rod. Located in Davenport, IA:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1654095445060919/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Here is another very recent post. It is a Senior 1938 Club Coupe. Rough and very incomplete; engine and trans are missing. Maybe someone can do something with this car, but it is going to be a massive project:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/940814900250304/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Posted on: 2023/2/5 18:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Scary world out there...38 Su8 coupe with lines to dream about. Or nightmare...

The 38-Six couple on the other hand is eminently "do-able", good luck to next owner.

If the location is inconvenient, I have my fingers on the pulse of a 39-Six coupe also coming up for adoption in southern California....contact me for info. DAF

Posted on: 2023/2/5 19:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Flackmaster. Thanks. The 1939 Six coupe from CA sounds nice. My dream car would be a 1938 120 Convertible Coupe. Someday, I want to trade up from my 1939 Six Convertible Coupe to a 120. I like the '38's because it was the first year for the all steel body and the last year for the floor shift. The column shift in my car is a problem sometimes and detracts from the driving experience. But unfortunately, it is very hard to find nice 1938 or 1939 model convertibles. I looked for years to find my'39 and it still wasn't everything I wanted. The few others I located were in pretty rough shape. Once I drove over four hours to look at a 1938 120 Convertible abd it was just horrible. Many missing or incorrect parts and more bondo than body. I passed on that one.

Posted on: 2023/2/5 22:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
We have taken a vote around the house and would like to find a decent driver 1941 120 coupe, sans sidemounts, if possible. But that could wait unless someone made us an offer we don' refuse.

Posted on: 2023/2/6 6:29
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Drop the zero from those two 38 Su8 and add a lot of dedication maybe something could happen, but not in my lifetime.

Posted on: 2023/2/6 9:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Just rechecked the ad for the 1938 Six Opera Coupe and it is showing as sold. That was certainly fast. Hope it is going to a good home and will be restored to original condition.

Posted on: 2023/2/6 13:05
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved