Merry Christmas and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
76 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 73

dallas, Doug 2, Merle, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Super 8
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ed Boersma
See User information
I'm getting a '37 Super 8 Club Sedan delivered tomorrow. It is a nicely restored/original that is all Packard.

I'm expecting that it will need some help in the gearing department to be a freeway cruiser.

I'm thinking of three options:

- Packard Overdrive transmission, modified for a cane shifter

- install a Packard center section (with better road gears) into the original housing

- install a complete Packard rear end (with better road gears)

I would appreciate opinions and suggestions on what parts can be used.

Thanks!

Posted on: 10/31 22:12
 Top  Print 

Re: 1937 Super 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
I have fitted a few R6 overdrives to 38 Juniors and the 37 Super Eights may be slightly easier to fit, using the 39 Super Eight bell housing. I would fit an R9 or R11 ( R11 would be the best and most reliable). There are a few tutorials about retrofitting the Packard OD boxes to non OD Packards) Easier to fit without the Governor but needs some planning. Also need to sort out Universals and tailshaft.

Posted on: 11/1 2:23
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Boneyard 400 close up (11/30/2022)
Boneyard 400 close up
Boneyard 400 (11/30/2022)
Boneyard 400
1937 115c Touring (11/27/2022)
1937 115c Touring
Photo of the Day
1933 Packard special bullet-proof sedan limousine for president of Dominican Republic
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved