Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Parts Advice Wanted
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Packard Filip
See User information
Hello, my '56 Four Hundred got into an accident on the road with another driver cutting a corner out in front of me on a 70km/h road. The damages are mainly on the front left side of the car, with dents on the hood, above the firewall on the left side and one minor dent on the front right fender. However the front left fender is entirely crumpled up, as is the chrome trim, as per the image. The grille has cracked in several places and become distorted, with the grille net being torn up. The bumper is very warped too, and the cooler is bent inwards onto the fan, and thus a bit stripped by the fan (engine is fine).

Now I know that the car's fixable as I got real lucky with the damages, both to the car and myself considering there are no seatbelts in it. However, what I want to know is where I'd find most of these parts. I am already looking with my friends in the Nordic Packard Owner's Club for a lot of it, but I figure that I will have to ship in a lot from the U.S.. So I am wondering about the availability of these components, especially something the front left fender and the grille net. If anyone could give some pointers as to where I could find these it'd be real helpful.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0764_11.jpg (401.10 KB)
225670_64589fc7f2d0d.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/5/8 2:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Parts Advice Wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Sent Private Message. Glad no one was injured. Good luck.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 6:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Is Mike Dulinsky still big in V8 parts?

Posted on: 2023/5/8 11:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Is Mike Dulinsky still big in V8 parts?

Yes, he has well-over 100 of them but he's not good at responding and the high humidity where he is takes its toll on his parts. maybe try Mike at Tucson Packard instead. While he doesn't have as many cars as Dulinski, he does have a number of 1956s but unless you buy NOS, you'll have to do some rechroming etc. Doe the grille and trim, I would see if Max Merritt has NOS, pay more, and get something usable.

That said, my 1956 Clipper Custom was in an accident on the passenger fender which didn't look too bad so bought a fender, the grille pieces for that side and got it back together myself (it wasn't quite as bad as yours) but then found that it had subtle damage on the other side of the grille too so be sure to check thoroughly for damage.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 11:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gerry at Packard Southwest would be on my short list of someone who would have good parts to fix that,

You find his info in the Directory.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 11:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
I have all the grill parts already chromed and ready to go 520-336-0057 Tucson Packard

Posted on: 2023/5/8 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
My Condolences, that is horrible.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 17:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Glad you are safe.

I was gonna say I know a guy, but I realized his parts car 400's are 55's.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 17:57
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved