Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
187 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 7
Guests: 180

BillinNC, Packard Don, r1lark, BigKev, West Peterson, humanpotatohybrid, Leeedy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Totally rusted out 1954 Caribbean now for sale on Ebay Motors
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Ad states it is a '53, but dash and rear quarters show it is a '54. This has to be the worst Caribbean I've ever seen. There doesn't appear to be much of anything even salvageable. This thing would not even make a good lawn ornament. Sad end for a rare Packard, one of only 400 built that year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125998591914?hash=item1d5619efaa%3Ag%3AWsIAAOSwhNRkoSB0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337650957&customid=&toolid=10049

These two Ebay Packards look more promising:

Nice 1938 Six Touring Sedan. Mostly original, but probably way overpriced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115849417615?hash=item1af929d38f%3Ag%3AJbUAAOSwlxhkk1V0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337650957&customid=&toolid=10049

1957 Clipper Country Sedan:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275930033260?hash=item403eb62c6c%3Ag%3AHxEAAOSwEjRkoGf8&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337650957&customid=&toolid=10049

Posted on: 2023/7/3 10:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Totally rusted out 1954 Caribbean now for sale on Ebay Motors
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
That '54 Caribbean....oh my.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
"Full restoration or parts car" is a contradiction. Casting a wide net.
I know this place. I've been there.
You can't go by pictures online. You get burned everytime. But his price reflects a low value. One part maybe worth the risk, if can't find elsewhere.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 11:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
My best guess on what happened to that 54 is maybe it caught on fire before being retired to the field? Even stuff like the turn signal indicators and steering wheel plastic is missing. Also would answer why you wouldn't just cut your losses on a 48k mile car 50 years ago.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 11:15
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
It would yield some parts. The body is ruined, and probably the frame as well, but the hood and deck lid may be salvageable, and there are some items like convertible top linkage pieces and trim items that are restorable. The windshield frame and trim looks good. The often broken horn ring and some dash and body trim appears to be OK. The frame might be useful as a guide for how the convertible frame was braced, and might allow upgrading a standard frame for use under a convertible. The engine is pretty far gone, but it might have a good cam and crankshaft/rods and brackets and bolts and pulleys and intake. The transmission and rear axle may be repairable. The rear mount spare parts and rear bumper might be worth repairing. It's a rare bird, with some very scarce parts. It might have enough model specific parts to build a rough hardtop body into a convertible.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
'38 looks like old repaint in non-original color, old wiring, very shabby looking engine area. If it runs really well and has no rust, maybe $16995?

Probably needs new wiring, repaint, a lot of new rubber items, radiator work, rattles chased out, various leaks addressed, etc.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 11:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
On the 1954 Caribbean, when I viewed the eBay listing music and a voice started playing from somewhere that seemed to have no source or way to stop so I was reminded of this that I read last week:

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 18 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 17:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Only 18 tabs???

I have so many tabs open that I can't see the ones to the right as I ran outta room.

Kinda sad about the Caribbean, but so it goes.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 18:57
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
My mind is like an internet browser. At least 18 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

One time I was on the Library of Congress web site and for whatever reason it was making a DING noise roughly once per every half hour. Was a couple days before I figured that out. 😡

Posted on: 2023/7/3 19:20
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Only 18 tabs??? I have so many tabs open that I can't see the ones to the right as I ran outta room.

Same here and multiply it by several different browsers and multiple windows of the same browser. Right now I'm down to only 10 tabs in one browser window and a single tab in the other but that's after I spent considerable time this morning closing those I wasn't actually using.

Posted on: 2023/7/3 19:31
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved