Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 197

Don B, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 56 Floor mats?
Just popping in
Just popping in

queenrose23
See User information
These are about 24" long and about 16" at their widest at the bottom.

I saw an ad for a 1953 Packard Caribbean on classiccars.com that shows what the owner claims are original floor mats that look just like these.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1682623/1953-packard-caribbean-for-sale-in-sacramento-california-95816

Posted on: 12/2 10:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It's like those Kmart thermometers, every thinks they are original, even through they were never produced by Packard.

The only original ones I've ever seen were square and are shown in the accessories guides.

Posted on: 12/2 19:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
These are not original mats! Packard would never had had anything so gaudy in their cars from the factory.

Posted on: 12/3 0:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
They were offered in colors to match the carpet in 55-6 but I believe a black mat with only the name Packard in script similar to an earlier year was reproduced and that was some years ago. Don't know if the repros are still available but AFAIK, NOS colors have been long gone.

Relevant part numbers:
Click to see original Image in a new window

By the way, Kanter makes floor mats, IDK if they are a close repro or what, though.
"Floor mat, 17"x21" with Packard logo, $29 each, set of 4 $110.00"

Posted on: 12/25 10:17
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe but won't swear to it that Kanter's mat is a repro of the earlier 51-4 basic style and available only in black. As far as I know there were no color repros of Packards 55-6 mats made or if there were, those were long gone by the early 70s when I got back into Packards.

I do remember Packards International club was selling a mat in the 70 or 80s that was in colors but believe it was very similar to the aftermarket offering shown in post 8 with the multiple colors on the same mat. As you can see in the real accessory photo in post 2 the Packard mat was more a single color with much smaller logos. The real mats did not have the large crest and name logo or slogan as shown on the aftermarket offerings.

Posted on: 12/25 11:06
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
If you would like something period correct and attractive, suggest Coco Mats. You can make your own pattern as they will make a custom fitted mat for you. This is what I did with my '63 Avanti. They have a good selection of colors and designs. They also provide a rubber pad for the pedal area. Not inexpensive, but something you will enjoy and others will admire. It is a quality product. I have used coco mats on several of my cars (old and new) and love the look. Go to their online site and look around. Just a suggestion.

Posted on: 12/25 12:59
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved