Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 238

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Garage tires for a '48 22nd series
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
I think this type of occurence happens when the Site is in a "slow mode", ie when, after hitting the Submit Button it does not immediately post the request or reply. Instead of waiting for the system to update, as time passes, the Sunbmit Button is hit again and maybe again and again resulting in the duplicate posts.

Easy for the original poster to "fix" as they have a Delete Button which is alive for them on their posts for, I think, 5 days after their posts are made to be able to remove them.

Might be talking through my hat, after all when it comes to computer technology, I'm a Luddite!

EDIT - Had to wait a little while after I hit the "Submit Button" for this reply to be accepted by the system.

Posted on: 2023/10/21 19:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Mal, yes, I knew what happened but just trying at my own flavor of humor, or lack thereof, to make a point! The point is to be patient. Unless you get an actual error, no need to press the button over and over. Someone the other day made five identical posts which gets quite frustrating when trying to keep up with the latest throughout the site.

Posted on: 2023/10/21 21:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Thank you, Ozman. Sometimes the software of this wonderful site sluggish and there are only so many minutes in the day.

Meanwhile, it would be nice if we could desist with these redundant details like discussed to the nines tires, and focus on the "compleat car."

Posted on: 2023/10/22 4:44
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved