Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

22nd/23rd Series License Light Lens
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Joe
See User information
Hey all! Writing to see if anyone has a NOS or at least good condition (white and not cracked) license light lens for a 22nd or 23rd series. As you can see, mine is a little worse for wear. Kanter apparently used to sell repops, but not anymore. Tuscon didn't have any when I last checked. MM might, but I figured I would check here first. Thanks in advance!

Attach file:

jpg  20240207_101905.jpg (1,199.67 KB)
225648_65d379b0da369.jpg 1724X1293 px

Posted on: 2/19 11:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 22nd/23rd Series License Light Lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I believe I have an NOS light or used lens, will look. I am on west coast, you should be able to find one close to home. Dell

Posted on: 2/19 11:32

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Have you removed the lens and tried to clean it? The stock lens is frosted glass rather than plastic so interesting it could turn yellow. Wonder if someone might have tried to tint it amber and a varnish or laquer is what you see cracking or if the interior light bulb reflector cavity filled with water and a rust stain somehow got on the lens and is what is visible.

Posted on: 2/19 11:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
HH is right should be glass and "white", not yellow. Gasket in there too. All that era were still glass. I went through this but don't recall, I think I got one off internet somewhere. I'd have to research and see if there's one here for reference, if you don't find any.

I got turn NOS front signal fixtures from MM but suspect they'd all be gone by now. I'm sure some hoarder has them if they'll let go. That's half the battle in this sports, the "search". Parts unfortunately were never trained to come and find us. Sowing many seeds is a good choice. Leads come and go though.

Posted on: 2/19 13:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I have several unidentified license plate light lenses of different sizes one of which, as I recall, is just like that. However, as everyone else has said, it is supposed to be glass but if it’s plastic, then it is a replacement so best take it off and see if it is glass and if it is it will clean up nicely.

Posted on: 2/19 13:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I found a NOS lens and a NOS complete light.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Please PM me if interested. Dell

Posted on: 2/19 14:12

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Joe
See User information
I really did try to clean it (multiple times). Fairly certain it's hard plastic. I soaked it for a while in concentrated hydrogen peroxide in the sun (supposed to have a bleaching effect?), but that didn't take. Would love to get replacement glass for it. Dell and Don, I'll circle up with you. Thanks, guys!

Posted on: 2/20 15:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved