Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 89

BigKev, Don B, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New to site
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
So this is where all the Packard guys are. I've been on Classiccars.com and thought only the Hudson folks talked to each other. Wow could I have ever used your support a few months back.
I'm replacing a broken valve spring now and am finaly putting her back together. Tomorrow morning the head goes back on and hope to be running again by the end of the day. Maybe theres still hope for some meets this summer.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 4:38
 Top  Print   

Re: New to site
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Ron,

What you got? Lets see her/them on the Owner Registry soon. I am a fairly recent member as well, only a couple of months, starting from when I bought my '38 Sedan. I'm adding to this soon with a '41 Coupe I'm coming over to the US to pick up and ship back to Australia.

Welcome aboard

Posted on: 2007/7/14 4:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Welcome Ron,

We haven't been hiding from anyone, but it took awhile to get here.

Several of us first met up at the original ClassicCar.com's Packard Live Chat - as an alternative to the highly-restrictive forum offered at the Packard Club's website.

Yet, PAC's webmaster came into the old CC site on more than one occassion to berate us for discussing things like modifications, vendors, and criticizing the PAC website. The guy even publicly claimed he was going to have our chatroom shutdown - that is, until the ClassicCar webmaster sent him packing.

Alas, the ClassicCar site later got caught up in the bursting dot-com bubble and shutdown of its own accord. Several of us found each other, plus a few new friends, in a temprary MSN chatroom, and one of our group got a Packard Forum established at the AACA website. While ClassicCar.com resurfaced in a new and improved format, most of us Packard folk stuck with the AACA site.

Yet, as thing progressed, we needed more than a mere discussion forum, and (then) newcomer BigKev launched this PackardInfo.com site (a little over one year ago) as a repository and exchange for all sorts of information to help Packard owners and enthusiasts.

As things became more restrictive and overly moderated at the AACA Forums, BigKev reactivated a Forum feature. Things have only snowballed from there.

Although I'm only into the V8s, I think you'll find plenty of support as this community and knowledgebase continues to grow. Meanwhile, I hope you'll take Oz up on his invite to grace the Owner Registry with info and a pic of your car -no matter what condition its in.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 9:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Thanks Brian - WOW its great to have an actual response to a post. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Turbopackman sent me here. He has been one of the few to help when things got crazy with my car. I've used some of Big Kevs info and salute him for taking the time and effort to post his info - it sure answered a lot of questions I've had.
I am going to do the owner registry as soon as I figure out what series my Packard is. If anyone knows where that information is, let me know. She is a 1940 120 inline 8 4 door sedan. I have been taking Pics ever since I got her and will post one along with Black Jack our mascot Garage Gorilla (hand built by my 4 grandkids). He's a perminate Packard Passenger, and goes to all the local car meets here in Valencia and the San Fernando Valley CA.
RedRon

Posted on: 2007/7/14 10:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Glad to see ya made it Ron! I've learned that if it's something Packard, and you need to know it, then someone on this site knows it or knows who does. This is the BEST repository for Packards that has ever been created, IMHO.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 11:23
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Mal It may take me awhile to post the Pics - I'm not too puter savvy. Around me all electronic devices have Banshies and we are in a constant battle. So far their winning.
Took me most of the morning to find and fill out my profile.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 12:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome Ron, glad to have you aboard. Several of us will be in Warren, Ohio next weekend for the Packard Museum's annual show. That would be a long haul from the valley, but we will report back with pictures and info. Look at the firewall on the driver's side for a plate which will have your model number and other info. It is rivetted or screwed to the firewall.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 12:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Welcome to the website Ron, nice to see another Southern Calif person represented here. I know there are lots of Packard's out there in SoCal, but none of their owner's appear to be online. Go figure.

Also it's nice to see more Pre-War cars and their owner's finding there way here.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 19:28
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Ron,

Me too when I joined, and for a dinosaur, I even managed to add a pic of the '38, must have been luck! Just put in what details you now have then edit/update as things progress. I'll be doing that after I ship my '41 Coupe back to Australia later this year.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 22:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
I'll give it a try.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 22:57
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved