Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

Kathy Barrera, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Just got back from Warren Ohio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
After nearly seven hours of driving I am very tired and will psot a few tonight and some more on Sunday. There were about 50 Packards at museum meet, and Randy's car was the meeting spot for members of Packardinfo.

Here is picture taken of the Packardinfo members that attended the meet today. From left to right in the picure below is BigKev, Pushbutton, Randy, and BH. This is another picture of us with BH taking this picture, The fellow on the extrem right put a great strain on my camera, while the picture was being taken.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (77.82 KB)
105_46a28771c4ca6.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (66.13 KB)
105_46a2888f9f7e9.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/7/21 17:23
 Top  Print   

Re: Just got back from Warren Ohio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

A great bunch of good looking blokes or just a bunch of reprobates? The cars aren't bad either. Although, as Packard owners they must be the former with maybe a touch of the latter? I envy you the opportunity you've just had at Warren.

Posted on: 2007/7/21 18:16
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The show was great, lots of great cars from a 1900 Model B, to a 1958 Packard Hawk and everything in between.

I just posted almost 200 photos to the Warren Show catagory in the Picture gallery. Here is the group shot will all of us in it at once:

From left to right: Mr. Pushbutton, Myself (in the back row), Randy, BH, and Packard53

Attach file:

jpg  (61.22 KB)
1_46a2b17788995.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/7/21 20:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

I couldn't have described that bunch of scoundrels any better!

Though they didn't get the 100+ Packards I was hoping for, there were over 50 fine cars in attendance - and every one of their owners now knows about this great site.

Randy and I are veteran attendees, though I am still merely a spectator with too many projects. Having made the long trip by car for two years in row now, I think John would tell you that this the best Packard-only event in the area. We were all very happy to see BigKev make it all the way out from the West Coast.

We were also pleased that Mr. Pushbutton cold make it for a few hours as well, thanks to some "business" he had in nearby Cleveland. No matter how many Packard shows Pushbutton has been to, I can tell you that he enjoyed the W.D. Packard Concert Band and its rich brass big-band sound, playing in the outdoor amphitheater - something I don't think you'll find at any other annual Packard event.

The only thing lacking was a swap meet, but I heard that the organizers just can't seem to develop enough interest from vendors.

Posted on: 2007/7/21 21:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Brian,

I'd like to see 50 Packards in the one place at the one time never matter about 100! I will see the Packard Museum in Warren next week when I'm in the US so I'll get see their collection at least.
At a recent Packard Club run here in Sydney Australia there were 7 cars, '33, 3 x '37's, 2 x '38's, '39 & '52 so to see 50 together would be fantastic. Also on 26th August there is a huge gathering of antique and classic cars at Eastern Creek Raceway, just outside Sydney, with the expected turnout of cars on display on the day being 1,500 of all makes and models. I'll take some pic's on the day of the Packards at least - more than just seven are expected - and put them on the Pictures file for all to see what downunder Packards look like - as most were fully imported just like yours I'd guess, except for any with Australian bodies.
Pity about the lack of a swap meet as these are very useful, not just for the nuts and bolts aspect, but also the contacts, interaction and information sharing that results from haggling and talking to the vendors.

Posted on: 2007/7/21 22:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Big Kev,

Just looking at your second lot of pic's and got to the 2007 version of the Goddess of Speed, donut pusher, whatever and just had to comment - LOVE IT! Now back to the pic's.

Posted on: 2007/7/21 23:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

I'd say any gathering of Packards in a place as far away from Packard's hometown as Australia is a special day - especially if there are any RHC examples among them.

There were some RHC Packards (including V8s) featured in Brooklands' Packard Gold Portfolio 1946-1958 (ISBN 1870642198), which was a collection of articles from leading magazines of the times, and I've always wondered how many of these cars were produced and have survived.

If you're willing to supply the pix from any events Down Under, I am sure BigKev could provide you with a dedicated folder. It's wonderful how this site facilitates sharing these Packard experiences.

As for the lack of a swap meet, between the annual Packard events at Perrysburg (just south of Toldeo) and Warren and a National meet held in South Bend, IN this year, perhpas this market area is becoming saturated.

Of course, there are only so many weekends in a summer, and gas prices are putting a real hurt on the economy. We can only hope things will change for the better in time (as we continue to vote the bums out of office).

Posted on: 2007/7/22 8:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Ozstatman: You mentioned the big car show coming up in August in Sydney. I would certainly like for you to post pictures of the show in here, if it would be ok with Big Kev.
It would be nice to see pictures of the Packards at the show, but pictures of other cars at this show. If you like I will make you a slide show of the pictures I took at Warren and put them on a DVD and send it to you. Maybe you might to the same for me of the show in Sydney. I took over 230 pictures at Warre. If you are interested please send me a PM with mailing address.

I had the privilege of visiting your fine country and the city you live in some 37 years ago, in May 1970. I can remember walking into a pub and a fellow at the bar asking me if I was a Yank. I told him that I was indeed a Yank, then he said I will shout, and bought me a beer. other people in the bar kept on shouting and buying me rounds of beer. I walked out of that bar about half drunk. Your beer in your country makes American beer taste like Kool Aid, sure does carry a kick compared to the sudes here is the USA. I still carry many fond memories of the warm hearted people and the beauty of Sydney.

The only thing wrong with your country is that you drive on the wrong side of the road.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/7/22 20:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

I've just arrived in San Francisco and although I haven't sampled the local brew yet I do know that many's the time Aussie beer has got the better of me. Also I was thinking the same about the driving here, as I'm renting a car tomorrow in Boise Idaho togo view the '41 Coupe I'm buying, and I'm a bit nervous about the other side of the road thing.

Regarding the car show photos I'll certainly sent you a DVD of the event but I'll have to get my tech savvy elder son to help as I'mm not too adept at that sort of thing. I'll PM you when I get back to Australia in a couple of weeks time

Posted on: 2007/7/23 16:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Mal, I also am glad you made it to the states. Be sure to give me a call when you are going to visit The Henry Ford.

Joel

Posted on: 2007/7/23 19:24
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved