Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: America's Packard Museum
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I'll second that! The Air Force Museum is something you DON'T want to miss if you are at all interested in aviation.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 8:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
West and Dave, thanks for the your recommendations. I have forwarded your message to my friend. He lives in Pt. Townsend, Washington, and will be in Dayton performing with his folk music band, Balkan Cabaret. He is an airplane nut, and has bought an airplane and is getting his pilot's license. He also volunteers when the Collings Foundation planes tour in his area. He has become quite a popular volunteer for them and they would like for him to accompany them on other stops. All of the at a youthful age of almost 70. I suggested he spend his time at the AF museum and not bother with the Packard museum.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 11:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'd be interested in learning more about the folk music band, where they'll be playing, and when.
If he has time, I wouldn't discourage him from taking in the Packard museum. It's well worth the trip if you're in town. If he's going to be playing downtown, it'll only be a few blocks' walk from wherever he is.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 14:00
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I was only there once (shortly after the second building had been acquired), but found it to be like taking a step back in time into a prewar Packard dealership showroom.

Speaking as a mere spectator, I'd say it's worth a visit if you're in the area.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 14:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
There's an interesting thread over on the AACA Site which gives some insights into what's going on there, see link.
http://forums.aaca.org/f190/1932-packard-906-twin-six-seven-260095.html

Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The eBay escrow feature wouldn't work in my case because I ended the listing early to sell to them. I thought I was doing them a favor and was helping them out, as well as they helping out me.

They sent me a check that was there within 5 days of me talking to him on the phone and us agreeing to the price. The check cleared the bank no problem, and I got my money. That's not the problem, the problem is me storing this stuff for over a year with nothing more than a "yeah, we want it" the last time I got ahold of Bob. If I had this to do all over again, I would have told them to stuff it when Bob called to say he was picking up the Pat, as they were supposed to come and get it within a month after the check cleared, and I stated 6 months in my eBay auction. I really should have done that, as that was the agreement, but hard as some of you might try to believe, I'm not an a$$hole, and like to work out problems with people I deal with. I don't feel right taking someone's money and running, as it's happened to me several times before.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 1:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"...The check cleared the bank no problem, and I got my money. That's not the problem, the problem is me storing this stuff for over a year with nothing more than a "yeah, we want it" the last time I got ahold of Bob. If I had this to do all ..."

Eric. U've made MORE than a reasonable effort to hold your end of the agreement. KEEP the money and everything else u recieved. What ever the BUYER did not recieve he forfiets now. U will probably never see anything else that u have comming to u so just just carry on as if the agreement has expired. Sell or trade the parts car to someone else.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 7:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
West and other interested parties in the Dayton area, you can see the schedule on their website at www.balkancabaret.com

Posted on: 2009/7/25 11:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I plan on keeping the car, I gave them until the end of last month to pick it up and bring me my engine, hasn't happened so the agreement is void.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:16
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

LINC400
See User information
I have no idea how they are to buy and sell cars from. But I went there 2 years ago just to see the museum. They are not the best car museum. However, it is an old Packard dealership and a trip back in time. I always think something like this is much more interesting than a generic new warehouse building with child friendly interactive displays. This is the real thing. Packards displayed where Packards were sold. They have a good number of cars there and some rare and/or interesting ones as well. I don't remember the guy's name but I think he said he was a manager or something. We got there later than expected due to some traffic tie ups. When he saw 2 young guys interested in Packards that said they drove all the way from Chicago to see it, he gave us tour and talked to us for probably 2 hours after the museum closed. I'd say it is definitely worth seeing if you are in the area.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 16:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved