Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

36 120-b sport coupe 995
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

36pac
See User information
well fellas i just got my first packard.36 120-b coupe it has been in storage 40 years by the last owner.the car was last taged in 54 plates still on car.the odometer is showing 04486&8tenths. i am going to need help in finding parts.my other cars and trks.are chevy so parts are easy to find.ihave been reading your forums and very imprest.thank you.your help will be gratly apreciated. roger mc.

Posted on: 2009/8/30 23:48
 Top  Print   

Re: 36 120-b sport coupe 995
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
36pac wrote:.....just got my first packard.36 120-b coupe.....have been reading your forums.....roger mc.

G'day Roger,
Congratulations and to PackardInfo.

Seeing you've been reading the Forums you know what's coming next don't you? My request to include your '36 Coupe in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it, of course!

Posted on: 2009/8/31 1:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Roger,
for including your Coupe in the Registry. Like your exterior description "rust color".

Posted on: 2009/9/2 15:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

36pac
See User information
ozstatman why did this car become a junier model. what did they leave out to make it a cheaper model. this came with 2 side mounts and 2 spots thanks roger

Posted on: 2009/9/4 22:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
36pac wrote: ozstatman why did this car become a junier model. what did they leave out to make it a cheaper model. this came with 2 side mounts and 2 spots thanks roger

Roger,

In the mid 30's Packard introduced a new line of cars which came to be known as "Juniors". They were separate and different from the "Senior" Packards which continued to be produced, with different engines, trim and usually styling among other things but this changed over time. There is much debate about all of this but suffice to say being a more affordable car they were a very popular line in the Packard range. The sidemounts you have were an option which could be had on any Packard for additional cost while the spots are probably a dealer fitted or after-market accessory. Packards, "Junior" and "Senior" alike, were all built to very exacting standards and irrespective of the terminology ALL are fine cars. I have a '41 120 Coupe which is a "Junior" and I'm more than happy. After saying that, it's over to the real experts for their worth.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 22:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As Mal points out, the "junior" Packards were built to a very high standard and are excellent cars, just not the kind of car Packard built their luxury reputation on. A point of comparison between the 4 series of cars in 1936 follows (from Turnquist's book), all are list prices FOB Detroit. The 120 is the "junior", all others are "senior" cars. The Eight, Super-8 and Twelve are all bona-fide Full Classics per CCCA, the 120 of course is not.

120 coupe for 2-4 passengers - $1030
Eight coupe for 2-4 passengers - $2470
Super 8 coupe for 2-4 passengers - $2880
Twelve coupe for 2-4 passengers - $3820

Posted on: 2009/9/5 8:30
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

36pac
See User information
Thanks everyone ! The more information, the better. Now the hunt is on for parts. I need to find out what is available and what I will have to build. Any good parts websites ? Thanks again !!!!

Posted on: 2009/9/5 16:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
As for a good website, this is it. You can post in the parts wanted forum and usually get what you need. Parts for this car are reasonably easy to obtain - much is available new, used, and reproduction. Depends on what you are needing of course, but point is, your car is reasonably easy to work on, and the knowledge base here is infinitely more valuable than a pile of catalogs that don't talk back.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 17:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved