Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Packard used in car commercial
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I must have gotten a lemon then as this car's a pile of dung. I still will never own one, and nothing newer than 1956.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 17:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
I must have gotten a lemon then as this car's a pile of dung. I still will never own one, and nothing newer than 1956.

Eric, From what I have read the modern VW's usually cause problems after the warranty runs out. I wouldn't own one either unless another '66 Beetle!

Posted on: 2009/10/9 17:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
i love my old Packard too but i wouldn't drive it the hundreds of miles a day that i drive my Hummer

I would prefer getting a "hummer" while driving my Packard!

Quote:
Eric, From what I have read the modern VW's usually cause problems after the warranty runs out. I wouldn't own one either unless another '66 Beetle!

The only "VW" I would own would be a Porsche 550 Spyder.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 17:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
A Merc or a BMW is probably a better comparison but the car commercial that this Packard was in was a Volkswagen, ergo the talk about a Volkswagen --- i also had a '68 Beetle that 4 or 5 friends of mine owned at different times in high school and just out of high school and it was treated badly to say the least and it just kept running -- little things had to be done to it but it ran like a top -- my Dad told me thats the way the old VWs were built the harder you drove them the better and that all the ones that caught fire were driven to easy, LOL air cooled motors like SPEED -- but anyway this was just about a Packard in a Volkswagen commercial and i like both cars

Posted on: 2009/10/9 18:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Joe: I had a 67 Bug which was fine for snow but never cared for the gas heaters in them. You had to drive the old bugs hard to keep up with traffic or to go up steep hills or mountains here in Penna. Fifty three horse power isn't much even in 1968. The Karmann Ghia Cabriolet and Coupes were nothing more than rust buckets here in the states.

The VW that I have liked the most over the years besides the Bug are the old Scirocco.

The only thing that I will say bad about any German auto company is Mercedes. The bastards ran Chrysler Corp into the ground in my opinion.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/10/9 21:14
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
As much as we love to hate imported cars, I put 300,000 miles on my Civic with almost no problems what so ever. I still wish I never sold it as the kid that bought it from me wrecked it. Bought her new in Dec '96. Put on average 30,000 miles a year on the car. But this is what it looked like for the last 3 years I had her. This pic was taken at the Fremont Street vegas car show. I have several trophies in the garage from this car. The kids loved getting dropped off to school in this car.

Attach file:

jpg  (45.83 KB)
1_4ad0099813c3c.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2009/10/9 23:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Wow BigKev. I like your Honda. I didn't really see you as the Fast & Furious type though.

My sister had a Honda for years, and sold it to a friend who drove it for many more years. I could never get myself to buy one though as they were just too small for my long legs.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 23:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
All I get with that link is a black screen in something called Metacafe. Is there some secret formula?

Posted on: 2009/10/9 23:29
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information

Posted on: 2009/10/10 1:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2009/10/10 2:01
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved