Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 236

Ozstatman, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Quoting Text
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Question: How do I quote text from a posting to be included in my reply to it? This to me like it is some kind of copy and paste function, but the quoted section is always highlighted. I have figured this out on other sites, but so far my "synaps" are not firing on this one. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 18:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Quoting Text
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Question: How do I quote text from a posting to be included in my reply to it? This to me like it is some kind of copy and paste function, but the quoted section is always highlighted. I have figured this out on other sites, but so far my "synaps" are not firing on this one. Thanks.

You mean like this?

Since Kev hasn't put in a "quote" button to reply to posts, you have to copy the text you want, then use [.quote] to start, then [./quote] to finish.
Remove the . in the "quote" section, I did this so you could see it and it wouldn't actually quote anything.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 18:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
.quoteSince Kev hasn't put in a "quote" button to reply to posts, you have to copy the text you want, then use [.quote] to start, then [./quote] to finish.
Remove the . in the "quote" section, I did this so you could see it and it wouldn't actually quote anything./.quote

Eric, thanks. Let's see if this works.

By the way there is a guy on the PAC discussion forum looking for info about using 327 crank & rods in a 288 block. I referred him to you, but you may want to help him before he asks.

Edit: Looks like I am close but not quite there.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 18:45
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
.quoteSince Kev hasn't put in a "quote" button to reply to posts, you have to copy the text you want, then use [.quote] to start, then [./quote] to finish.
Remove the . in the "quote" section, I did this so you could see it and it wouldn't actually quote anything./.quote

Eric, thanks. Let's see if this works.

By the way there is a guy on the PAC discussion forum looking for info about using 327 crank & rods in a 288 block. I referred him to you, but you may want to help him before he asks.

Edit: Looks like I am close but not quite there.

Easier way
In the lower right hand corner of the post you want to quote there is a "reply" button. Hit that button, then when the text box comes up down at the bottom there is a "quote" button. Hit that then write you message below the quoted post

Posted on: 2009/11/10 18:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
You want to keep the brackets [ ] and remove the .

Phil's right though, his way is somewhat easier, I never knew it was even there, I've always done it my way.

As for the guy you sent over here, cool I'll do what I can. I don't post on the PAC forum, in fact I'm not even registered there.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 19:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Phils38cpe wrote: Easier way In the lower right hand corner of the post you want to quote there is a "reply" button. Hit that button, then when the text box comes up down at the bottom there is a "quote" button. Hit that then write you message below the quoted post

I'm with Phil, This is real easy to use, must be for a troglodyte like me to be able to do so! You can even edit within the quote selected to include or exclude any of the text.

Posted on: 2009/11/11 5:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
As for the guy you sent over here, cool I'll do what I can. I don't post on the PAC forum, in fact I'm not even registered there.[/quote]

Eric, I'll remind him to contact you about 327 - 288 parts swap.

Phils38cpe is right, this is an easy way to do it. It was there all the time and I never noticed it. Should have had more faith in Kevin providing us with good tools.

Posted on: 2009/11/11 12:01
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved