Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 209

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: 1956 Packard (maybe 1955?) questions
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I was intrigued by that top-down view of the FI system from the very day that I picked up that copy of SIA #36 at the local newstand, back in 1976.

Having found little else published on that system in the years since, I was really excited to find, back in 2002-2003, that the system still survived and to learn some of the background from Roscoe.

I wasn't sure what his plans were at the time, but I'm glad to see that the real system has been put back to working condition on a Packard - preserving a significant piece of automotive R&D history.

Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
THe 'cobbled up' look would be typical of STRICTLY Manufacturer R&D.

Not necessarily, I've seen a lot of "cobbled up" looking stuff come out of garages all over the world, and some that look completely factory designed. I stick by my statement that this LOOKS like a home made affair. I never said it WAS, just that it LOOKS like it. And thus, I based my opinion on what I've seen between the pics shown here.

Quote:
Mr Stelford, Thank you very much for posting this information and clearing away assumptions and faulty information. Many of us have read of the testing of FI and appreciate the actual facts and pictures of same.

Yes, thank you very much for coming on here and answering our questions.

As for my doubts, you have to understand that I'm looking at a picture that someone else took, and not the best picture of the detail at that. Thus, going by what I seen, it looked like something that someone built in their garage. (Like I'm doing, actually)

One thing though, at least I correctly identified it as a Bosch fuel injection, not bad for someone who's never seen any Packard fuel injection setups, but has seen MANY factory setups from that era.

Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Roscoe,
to PackardInfo, as these are your fist posts, although I see you've been a member of PackardInfo for quite some time.

And a request please, could you include your '56 Executive in the Packard Owner's Registry, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/1/16 16:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Roscoe was kind enough to provide some documentation for the Packard Fuel Injection R/D project. You can find it here:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?408

Posted on: 2010/1/18 12:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved