Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 213

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Hi everyone, I'm new !
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
My name's Bobby and I'm a Packardholic! And I'm delighted to be here. I have a '54 (Mostly original and extremely fine) Black Patrician which I have had the privilege of tending to for about 16 years. My philosophy is to maintain and preserve, there's no substitute for originality. Just like it left East Grand Blvd. I'm happy to offer my advice and experience to others, please ask.

Right now, I've been on a quest to find a replacement for the hood blanket, the original has long ago bought the farm, and every time I open that big, yawning hood, the nudity of the underside offends my sensibilities. I understand that the original was a fiber material with a screen like cover, anyone know if there are currently any repros available...or maybe *gasp!* NOS?

Thanks!,
Bobby

Posted on: 2010/2/23 20:52
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Re: Hi everyone, I'm new !
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For a repro hood pad contact Dwight Heinmuller, 16529 Dubbs Road, Sparks MD. 410-329-3022. Dwight claims his repro is very close to the original but made of a more-dense Owens-Corning fiberglass. See his advertisements in The Packard Club's monthly newsletter, or contact him at dwightpac@comcast.net.

Congratulations on wanting to keep you 54 Patrician as authentic as possible. They are a fine car, I drove one for many tens of thousands of miles back in the 60s and 70s.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Bobby: A big welcome to the forum. I think that you will find here many persons that are very knowledgeable about Packards. I am sure that they will be very glad to answer any questions you might have.

You will find members of this forum have different views
some like to keep things stock others like to do some modifications.

I own a 1953 Cavalier

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:41
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information

Another new person! Glad to have you and your 54 along for the ride. You'll find many people with great input here.

So how about some louvers, frenched headlights, and some sidepipes? Lol.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:56
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hiya Bobby! Aren't these cars just great? I love the way mine rides (I have a 53 Cavalier). Welcome!

Scott

Posted on: 2010/2/23 22:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Hi Bobby,

I share your enthusiasm for maintaining a largely un-restored car. My 39 is just a survivor that I (and previous owners thankfully) have performed sympathetic maintenance on. Though my car suffered from some parts nabbing for other projects at some point in it's life, I have been fortunate enough to find and replace many of the bits. What is surprising to me, and maybe you have experienced the same thing, people seem to have interest in cars that are maintained originals. Many people comment on how interesting it is to see a 71 year old car still operable in a largely un-restored state. I bet you hear the same thing when you have your 54 out.

I really like original cars, but also enjoy following everyone's projects on the forum. As John said, there are varying interests, but everyone here likes Packard's. I think you will enjoy the site.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/2/23 23:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Welcome to Packard info, Bobby.

This is a great resource place of information and people with information.

Enjoy,
DanL

Posted on: 2010/2/23 23:38
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome Bobby, maintaining a good original is a large undertaking, but well worth the time and effort. Glad to have you here.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 23:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Bobby,
Like to add my to those already made. I'm sure you'll enjoy PackardInfo with many like minded people here, but still with plenty of divergent viewpoints to make things interesting.

And a request of yourself, could you please include your '54 Patrician in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/2/24 1:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi Bobby and welcome,
Hope to see some pics of your car soon

Posted on: 2010/2/24 2:48
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved