Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 197

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1942 business coupe
Just popping in
Just popping in

tripdad
See User information
hello! new to your website ,so far it seems to have a great deal of good info. Does anyone have any pictures of a finished or unrestored '42 business coupe interior and trunk? Ours has been "restored" and is in horrible shape. Any help would be great.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 11:42
 Top  Print   

Re: 1942 business coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day tripdad,

to PackardInfo, but sorry I can't help with your query. I do have a request of you though, could you please include your '42 Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

tripdad
See User information
I will be happy to do this as soon as I can verify this car. The serial plate is missing, body number plate missing?,where exactly were they located?, theft no. there but not much use so far. Tracking thru previuos owners,3 so far, trying to find when plate was removed and why? so on and so forth.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 14:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
How about posting a couple of pictures! Is it a Clipper or the old body style? I'm local and can help with identification. If its a business coupe that means no back seat from the factory.. Good luck!

Posted on: 2010/3/30 20:38
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

tripdad
See User information
It is a Clipper. It appears that there was no back seat however there are the two "hoops" on the floor that would have been part of the seat attachment,is this normal?Seems like these would have been counter to a flat floor for sales cases.If serial number is correct this is car #21 of the 1942 build year.

Posted on: 2010/3/31 6:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
On the 51 business coupes, and those from other manufacturers, there was a flat wooden platform covered with a rubber mat to level up the floor over the driveshaft hump, etc. These have often gone missing or rotted. So, the hoops you mention might have been there under that platform as they would have been welded on as a matter of course while the floor pan was fabricated. On the 51s I've seen, what was missing were the two hooks on the front face of the parcel shelf structure that would normally hold up the rear seat backrest.

Posted on: 2010/3/31 7:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
If you bought the car off e-bay in Rockford Il., I know the car. I have been tracking this car and it was originally (6years ago) offered for sale in California on e-bay. The car sold and I beleive went to the state of Oregon. From there again on e-bay sold to person in Illinois. I beleive you are the third Illinois owner. As a side note, Packard did not keep records of production by body style. So if you are told a specific number its usually a best guess. Total production for 1942 Clippers Special and Customs (all body styles) was 19,199.

Posted on: 2010/3/31 8:38
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

tripdad
See User information
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in response just up to my ears in old rusty packard parts, can't wait till everything is spotless! Yes that is the car but having talked to a previous owner I still cant locate the original vin tag.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 12:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved