Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

1949, 2265 Deluxe Eight Club Sedan *TECHNICAL DATA*
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

alexander
See User information
Hi everybody

For my freshly imported 2265 Deluxe Eight Club Sedan, German authorities require technical data such as:

- 1) Top speed
- 2) permissable total weight
- 3) weight on front axle
- 4) weight on rear axle
- 5) noise
a) running, but standing
b) driving

Could anybody point me at any source, where I could find such data ?

I would be really grateful !
I want to put her on the road finally

Best regards from Germany
Alexander

Attach file:

jpg  (122.53 KB)
3155_4dff4b0e54a22.jpg 1600X745 px

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:29
Packard-enthusiast from Germany
 Top  Print   

Re: 1949, 2265 Deluxe Eight Club Sedan *TECHNICAL DATA*
Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
That's a mighty fine car you've got there! I can give you an estimate in the top speed, but I don't know exactly what it is. It's probably close to 100 mph. That Deluxe Eight weighs in at 3,770 lbs. These bathtub Packards are usually relatively quiet cars unless there's something wrong with it. Whether it's driving or standing it's fairly quiet. But I dont know what foreign countries take "quiet" as being.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:40
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Here's a universal standard: When you're in it at an intersection or stop light, and it's idling, you usually can't tell it's running with a good exhaust and in good tune. It's almost electric as it's dead quiet and then as soon as you give it gas you start feeling all this torque. I don't know how you would translate that to some kind of number they're looking for.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:45
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

alexander
See User information
I love her really !!!!!
Just a beauty (in my eyes):)

Yes, I have also found the shipping weight with 3770 lbs.
Still they require the maximum permissable load for the car.
Adding 6 passengers + luggage+ fuel I estimate a total (loaded) weight of something like 5500 lbs, but....the look for something "official".

I have already heard "live", that she's running relatively quiet, but the authorities require VALUES :(
Germany !!!

If I can't find them anywhere, I will have to run an official measuring process probably...., have her weighted and all this :(

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That's a fine-looking Packard. Good luck with it.

If you're a member of The Packard Club's affiliated region in Germany, you might look up those members who have similar cars and see what information they obtained and how they managed their way thru your regulations as I would expect they had to go thru the same process and gather the same information as you are asked for. Just looking thru their roster, I see several members with similar cars.

If you're not a member of PAC's Germany region, perhaps you should consider joining. Packard Club of Germany, Vier Grenzen 1, DE 30177 Hannover.

Or www.packardclub.org, and then go to Regions.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:59
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

alexander
See User information
Thanks Owen !
Yes, of course I have already taken contact to the German Packard Club in Hannover, however my type of car is not really common in Germany. They actually don't know another one.

They will try to find out data from similar types in order to satisfy the authorities.

I just thought, here might also be the right place to find such info.
I did already find out SO MUCH here on this website, it is amazing and very comforting.
By this website I know more about my 1949 Packard than about my everyday car.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 9:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Hallo Alex, herzliche Gr??e aus Norddeutschland. Hast Du bereits einen Blick in unsere Schatzkiste geworfen?

Hi Alex, warm greetings from Northern Germany. Have you already looked into our treasure chest?

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source: www.panfu.de]

Posted on: 2011/6/20 9:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

alexander
See User information
Hello Guscha,
yes of course. I don't know, how many MB's I have downloaded :)
A real treasure-chest !

But...the data, which are required by the German T?V (:() are not in there.
I think, that 1949 other values were more important than the noise values in dBA... :)

Do YOU have contact to any other Packard owners in Germany with a similar type of car ? Do you own a Packard yourself ?

Regards from M?nster

I also like to take pictures with my Packard
I think, it is just a beautiful "location" for retro-pics :)

Attach file:

jpg  (32.86 KB)
3155_4dff5e12a18f2.jpg 300X450 px

Posted on: 2011/6/20 9:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The problem is that, except for shipping or "dry" weight, Packard didn't publish specifications for cargo capacity, weight distribution, noise levels, etc. Nor probably did any other manufacturer of the era.

But the car was sold as a 5-passenger vehicle which I assume included some allowance for luggage, so an estimate could be made for that though if your authorities are like ours, that wouldn't mean spit to them. Weight distribution was sometimes listed in magazines that did road tests and the like but again I doubt Packard ever published it - remote chance it might be in a Salesman's Data Book. Of course it could be measured now.

Surely there must be some provision in the German regulations for vehicles built before such data was required or available from manufacturers.

It's been written a few times that the Custom 8 2-door had a top speed of about 110 mph true, the fastest of the 22nd series cars. Despite the extra weight of the Custom, I'd think the Eight DeLuxe would have been less, perhaps 95 or so - but just a pure guess.

Please do let us know how you make out with the German authorities as questions like this do come up occasionally.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 48 fact bookhttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1948_FactBook.pdf in the specifications section toward back of book does have a few items detailed as registration info. Mentioned is Club sedan 2265 but maybe not enough for your needs.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved