Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
244 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 244

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Riding height
Just popping in
Just popping in

Anders-55
See User information
Hi all
My 400-55 with TL to has the shortest front struts (1 3/8" long) but is still to heigh. The rear stirrups has some bad welding on them so i wounder how long they should be

Posted on: 2011/6/22 15:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Riding height
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Anders,
to PackardInfo! Sorry I can help with your TL request but I'm sure the V8 guys will be along soon and do so. However, I invite you to include your '55 400 in the Packard Owners Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 16:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The height of the 56 stirrup is 6 3/4 overall top to bottom. The distance between the bottom of the two support screws to bottom is 5 1/4. 55 should be the same although the ball stud seat items are slightly different than shown in 55.

Attach file:

jpg  (21.19 KB)
209_4e0262eae3757.jpg 406X644 px

Posted on: 2011/6/22 16:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Anders,

Hej min Svensk bror!!

If you are referring to the front "struts' as the vertical pins about 18 mm in diameter with special ends, then something is very wrong. They should be about 3-4 inches in length from memory?? It is sort of unheard of to have a car ride too high, even more rare than having too much money

Posted on: 2011/6/22 22:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Anders-55

Why do you think your car is riding too high?

www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/STB/55T-1.pdf

Posted on: 2011/6/22 23:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe Anders 55 is building a low-rider or slamming it or something like that.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 23:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Anders-55
See User information
Hi
I bought the car from Ray Campi a rockabilly gay from Texas an i maybe he used i on tour with heavy load back in the days. The car is almost 12" high where i should be about 10" according to the service bulletin. My rear stirrup is 6 3/4". Is there anything else they can have done to get the suspension harder. It feels a bit hard and not what you would expect from a car from the 50:s. Is i suppose to be that way i never driven a Packard before

Posted on: 2011/6/24 4:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Anders, I wonder if the car is fitted with heavy duty bars; they would measure almost 27 mm in diameter instead of the stock 25,4. There is also a possibility that your car was given a set of 56 bars which I believe had the hexes rotated a bit and might make for the strange ride height when installed on a 55.

Your car should have a rather soft ride. I wonder what sort of shocks are fitted? I am sure you have checked for helper springs. You might want to loosen your control arm bushings and let them find their neutral position in case they are holding the car up as well.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 7:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Since Anders is new to Packard TL suspension i am wondering if he is aware that it has automatic leveling system that mite not be working.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 8:08
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Anders

Thjere is no pin as short as 1 3/8", they are about 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 overall. Something is very wrong

Posted on: 2011/6/24 21:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved