Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Key codes
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Taylor
See User information
Hi, I have just taken possession of my new (to me) 1951 Patrician and did get a trunk key. I do have the original sales ID card that has the key code number. Does anyone know if this key code would be any use in have a new key made?

Appologies in advance if I have broken any Forum rules. I'm new to this.

Cheers

Posted on: 2011/10/15 16:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Key codes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
At one time any locksmith could look up the code and cut you a key. If there are any very old lock companies in your area they may be able to help. Otherwise you could look online. Sorry I do not know a good source off hand.

Posted on: 2011/10/15 16:54
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Taylor
See User information
Thanks for the quick response, I'll try a few locksmiths. It was great to find that owners card and some of the original owners information. This car was sold to a Guelph wood dealer called Robert Stewart Limited on January 13th 1951 and knowing this somehow seams to make a difference to me. It looks like it had 3 owners as the company went out of business in 1969 when the previous owners father bought it. Anyway, fun times ahead and thanks again.

Steve

Posted on: 2011/10/15 17:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Steve, welcome to PackardInfo.com!

I know a company in UK which states: "...We can also now cut keys to code for ALL the old classic cars, all you need is the lock number...". When a company in UK is able to do that then I'm convinced you will find one in your country with the same ingenuity (and database).

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2011/10/15 17:15
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Steve, take a look at --> this.

This webpage you'll especially like.

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source:http://www.key-men.com/]

Posted on: 2011/10/15 17:27
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you can take the door handle or ignition switch off, a competent lock-smith should be able to make a new for it pretty easily.

Posted on: 2011/10/15 19:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Taylor
See User information
Thanks Guys (Guscha nailed it), your all very helpfull. The new keys are ordered and I finally get to see whats in the trunk. Gotta love the internet...

Posted on: 2011/10/15 20:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Steve,
to PackardInfo, good your query has been answered. And I invite you to include your '51 Patrician in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/10/15 21:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I have just taken possession of my new (to me) 1951 Patrician...

I wish it was all that easy. Nowadays a bona-fide Packard possessor should be prepared to find a family of original 1950s car rats (6 Volt; taste Packardy) that moved to your trunk in Feb 2005. Let's listen to their previous absentee landlord (BigKev):

Quote:
When I found my Clipper, it had been sitting outside for many years. At some point in time, someone stole the trunk lock out of it. So the trunk was partially open for many years.

Well I towed the car home, and put in my garage at the old house. With in days, we noticed strange noises in the garage. Long story short, the family of rats that had destroyed the interior, was still in residence. My wife had bought a few glue traps, and the glue traps disapeared!

So it took a few rounds of poison to kill them all. After that I ripped out all the headliner (where they were living), and all the rest of the interior fabric since it was ruined anyway. What a mess they caused in the car.

I also rechecked every inch of the car before we towed it to our new house as I didnt want any stow-aways. But by that point we had basically "super-funded" the garage to kill anything that might be living out there.

Steve, please keep us updated on your car, whatever the trunk contains.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 1:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
When I went to have a spare set made for my 56 Patrician, the locksmith just punched in the numbers on my key and the machine made a perfect set.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 8:33
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved